Author Topic: Roof Maxx asphalt shingle rejuvenation  (Read 1870 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Roof Maxx asphalt shingle rejuvenation
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2021, 04:12:18 PM »
There were still Quonset huts at MCRD San Diego when I went through boot camp there in 1974.  We were housed in a Quonset hut for two weeks just after returning from ITS at Camp Pendleton, before starting Third Phase.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2021, 05:09:51 PM »
There were still Quonset huts at MCRD San Diego when I went through boot camp there in 1974.  We were housed in a Quonset hut for two weeks just after returning from ITS at Camp Pendleton, before starting Third Phase.

They were still there in '75 when I went through.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2021, 11:15:32 PM »
https://roofmaxx.com/

I have never heard of this until last week, when ads for it started in my Facebook feed.  It claims to rejuvenate your asphalt shingles by spraying them with a food-safe plant-oil solution, to replace the asphalt oils that degrade over time.

Is anyone familiar with this?

It actually says "bio-oil".  If it IS a plant based oil, what do you do when that oil becomes rancid and you roof stinks to high heavens?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »
It actually says "bio-oil".  If it IS a plant based oil, what do you do when that oil becomes rancid and you roof stinks to high heavens?

Feed it to the raccoons.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 03:22:40 PM »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2021, 05:02:06 PM »
There were Quonsets at UC Santa Barbara as well. During WW2, the campus (or at least campus land) was connected to the airport and had a military presence waiting for the Japanese to land.  :laugh:

In fact the fist attack on US soil in WW2 occurred there. In Ellwood actually, where I lived. My condo complex was around 400 yards from the golf course.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/monument-to-the-bombardment-of-ellwood

You mean the Japs attacked a golf course?! Savages.  :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife