Poll

2021 will not live in 2020's shadow, how will it top 2020?

National Economic Collapse - a BIG one
3 (10.3%)
Global Economic Collapse - everyone feels the pain not just us
6 (20.7%)
Major War Overseas - we invade
4 (13.8%)
War In Our Country - we're invaded
1 (3.4%)
Civil War - we fight each other
3 (10.3%)
Peace In The USA - the peace of an absolutely tyrannical panopticon crushing all dissent and ruling unopposed
3 (10.3%)
Worldwide Pandemic V.2 - new and improved with more death and misery than you can handle
3 (10.3%)
Extinction Level Event - humans are pikers, here, watch this ...
2 (6.9%)
None of the above, let me enlighten you
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Apocalypse!  (Read 1787 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Apocalypse!
« on: April 19, 2021, 03:57:38 PM »
Choose away! and if you want number them in order of potentiality or give us a couple runner ups [popcorn]

Really it's not that bad, it can always get worse!  :laugh:  [tinfoil]

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Apocalypse!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 03:59:17 PM »
Extinction level event, hope springs eternal.
 =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 04:13:31 PM »
Economic collapse is certainly possible.  I give it a "most likely" on this list.  There are many concerning indicators of a badly broken economic situation.

I don't really see a major war.  China will keep expanding it's power, and we'll let that happen.  Short of a non-state actor popping off a nuke or something, I'm going low likelihood here.

Civil war - well we're certainly in some socially and politically tumultuous times.  As evidenced here, many people no longer believe in the legitimacy of the US government.   Possible.

Peace In The USA - well, it's the fallout of a civil war.

Worldwide Pandemic V.2 - probably not.  Improbable that another pandemic would strike just now.

Extinction Level Event - probably approaching zero.  They have happened, but the odds of one occurring in 2021 are minimal.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 04:35:50 PM »
I went with extinction level event just because at this point, I welcome it.  :laugh:

In reality, I think the most we'll see for 2021 is a major stock market crash, similar to a few in the past. There will be end of the world talk, but in 5-10 years people will have their money back and more if they didn't panic and let it ride (or bought more).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 05:05:58 PM »
Peace In The USA - the peace of an absolutely tyrannical panopticon crushing all dissent and ruling unopposed
Worldwide Pandemic V.2 - new and improved with more death and misery than you can handle

"yes?"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 07:25:06 PM »
...let me enlighten you...

Most of what might go wrong in 2021 will be the outworkings of our disastrous decisions in 2020 - handing total political control to madmen, mainstreaming neo-racism, encouraging terror and timidity in response to the Wuhan virus, failing to counter monopolistic control over information, and so on.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »
I doubt any will happen, but I could certainly see lower level events in most of those categories.  Hell, Russia is massing troops on the Ukranian border.  A major event, but I can't see Biden going to war over it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 08:55:14 PM »
China and Russia join forces and use Joes weakness to their advantage.  Alaska gets hit with a trial run.....

Ok, time to put the Woodford down....

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 08:56:15 PM »

Major economic troubles here seems like an almost sure thing.  If we go, others will too. 

with what, after we've pissed away trillions?

by whom?

Probably wouldn't go work the way anyone thinks it will.

They'll try, anyway.

They do seem oh so anxious that everyone, everyone, everyone get the shot.

Extinction Level Event - humans are pikers, here, watch this ...
None of the above, let me enlighten you

I'm distrustful enough to not buy the standard narrative.  What I see is, a little bit of real virus, probably some (attempted) conspiracy (hint, follow the money.  Follow the Money.), and massive amounts of herd behaviour and Dunning-Krueger incompetence.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 09:14:17 PM »
If anyone does invade they can have the left coast and the north east.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 10:12:24 PM »
WW1 level inept foreign dealings snowballing to some level of conflict with the Russians, and then the Chicoms move against the dollar, resulting in bad times here.  Bad economy pushes the Biden regime into throwing down with gun owners to move attention of an increasingly shitty economy to the "domestic terrorist threat".

Then it gets worse. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 03:05:53 PM »
Fistful is elected to public office.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 03:39:10 PM »

Which Begs the question....................
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 04:00:05 PM »
"Cats and Dogs living together.  Mass Hysteria!"

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »
Extinction level event, hope springs eternal.
 =D

I saw that entry and just knew that you were one of the votes for it.  :rofl:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »
Most of what might go wrong in 2021 will be the outworkings of our disastrous decisions in 2020 - handing total political control to madmen, mainstreaming neo-racism, encouraging terror and timidity in response to the Wuhan virus, failing to counter monopolistic control over information, and so on.

So you're saying the surney is faulty for not offering a choice for "All of the above"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 06:24:49 PM »
I say no poll needed. Dust off and nuke it from orbit.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
Explosion of the crypto market followed by its banning (i.e. FDR style "ban" that lets elites and "legitimate" investors have it, like gold) which drives it through the stratosphere.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2021, 03:41:26 AM »
worldwide economic malaise.
"We" can't fight back due to adhering to principles.
Atlas shrugs on a smaller scale, like small business accepts defeat and gives up - knowing it can't compete with box stores and amazon.
Gov't institutes "trust" campaigns, like the
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Trust
operation trust the commies did, luring out anti communist into the open and arresting/killing them.
Military becomes just another woke government agency, willing to be an incompetent collaborator with the commies.
We become "northern Mexico" meaning easier to bribe local police, everything is illegal, no one knows or obeys the law.
idiocracy meets 1984 has an affair with brave new world being run like animal farm but looking more like the movie brazil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKPFC8DA9_8
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 07:53:01 AM »
Explosion of the crypto market followed by its banning (i.e. FDR style "ban" that lets elites and "legitimate" investors have it, like gold) which drives it through the stratosphere.

This I can see happening.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 09:35:33 AM »
I predict we are daily going to be bombarded with morons screaming at us about how evil white people are, that high standards are racist, some women have penises, men are rape monsters, and Christians are ignorant bigots.  Oh, and police hunt innocent black men for sport.

And I predict the murder rate will jump another 10% or so.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 09:45:22 AM »

"Vote Hapley / K-Frame!"

Now all we need is a campaign slogan.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »

If nominated I will not run.

If elected, I will make your life a living hell. You think I'm a charming son-of-a-bitch now?

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2021, 10:24:46 AM »
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2021, 10:33:41 AM »
"Vote Hapley / K-Frame!"

Brad

"What the hell, we're screwed either way!"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams