Author Topic: Anyone ever play with a Savage Stevens 320 shotgun?  (Read 526 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Anyone ever play with a Savage Stevens 320 shotgun?
« on: April 29, 2021, 02:06:47 PM »
Found box of slugs and stuff, and I am now realizing that I don't currently have a shotty... Use will basically involve the possibility of homogenizing an intruder. No skeet, no doves, no deer...
Blog under construction

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Re: Anyone ever play with a Savage Stevens 320 shotgun?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 08:45:13 PM »
Can't go wrong with a Remington Wingmaster 870 20" rifle sight IC and a +2 tube extension. 2.75" reduced recoil 00 buck (or #4 buck if you like your neighbors).
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 10:45:17 PM »
Yeah, well, my budget doesn't go that far...
Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 11:22:02 PM »
Are used pump guns no longer dirt cheap? I have $100 in my Ithaca 37 Deer Slayer Police. I sold an 870 express or two for around 2 bills.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 04:59:01 AM »
I have not played withe the Stevens 320 specifically,  but I have a different flavor of cheap, Chinese made pump 12 ga, and it's not great. Like a Hi-Point, it'll work if it's all you can get, but don't expect a long service life or much in the way of "nice".

I recently bought a Black Aces Tactical semi shotgun on a lark, and it's pretty nice and pretty well made, as well as US made. They have a 18.5" pump gun for $380 at Atlantic Firearms, and I would grab that over any if the Chinese or Turkish entry level guns.

Or troll a gunshow/gunbroker for a used 500/590/870. The days of $200 used Wingmasters are behind us, but some deals are still out there.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2021, 07:36:07 AM »
I have not played withe the Stevens 320 specifically,  but I have a different flavor of cheap, Chinese made pump 12 ga, and it's not great. Like a Hi-Point, it'll work if it's all you can get, but don't expect a long service life or much in the way of "nice".

I recently bought a Black Aces Tactical semi shotgun on a lark, and it's pretty nice and pretty well made, as well as US made. They have a 18.5" pump gun for $380 at Atlantic Firearms, and I would grab that over any if the Chinese or Turkish entry level guns.

Or troll a gunshow/gunbroker for a used 500/590/870. The days of $200 used Wingmasters are behind us, but some deals are still out there.
I see that Black Aces have a lever action option with a 6+1 capacity. I am interested. Pump & semi-auto shotguns have to be permanently restricted in capacity here to 2+1, but lever action shotguns were obscure enough they were never included in this...so as long as they have a rod stuck inside them to keep them at 2+1 while hunting, you can then have something more fun comes range time =)
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2021, 08:16:51 AM »
I only have 50 or so shells through my bullpup but so far it seems well made and worth the money.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 09:37:06 PM »
Bought DW one of the Stevens 320s in 20ga, 18" for use in the home.  Haven't had a chance to take it out yet, but all the reports I read on it before buying said it's reliable.  I have taken it apart and reassembled, it's easy to work on.