Author Topic: Ashli Babbitt's Family to Sue Capitol Police  (Read 2177 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Ashli Babbitt's Family to Sue Capitol Police
« on: April 29, 2021, 05:54:03 PM »
Ashli Babbitt's family is suing the Capitol Police as well as the officer who killed her. I'm not saying the lawsuit is right or wrong. I was going to post about how long it would take for the left to suddenly make cops heroes again, but I can't ask that question, because they are already dissing her family for suing a hero.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/29/that-officer-was-a-hero-family-of-ashli-babbitt-to-sue-unidentified-capitol-police-officer-who-shot-her/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Ashli Babbitt's Family to Sue Capitol Police
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 06:23:50 PM »
I have never made a study, but I wonder if a civil claim is made in just about every police shooting, especially those that appear unjustified.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 06:30:44 PM »
I have never made a study, but I wonder if a civil claim is made in just about every police shooting, especially those that appear unjustified.

I'm wondering if the Capitol Police have special immunity regarding this compared to local LE. There was already some protection for the officer's identity that is not the case for local LE.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 06:35:48 PM »
I'm wondering if the Capitol Police have special immunity regarding this compared to local LE. There was already some protection for the officer's identity that is not the case for local LE.

The special protection is he’s a Hero of the Soviet Union for shooting an unarmed white conservative woman instead of a racist city cop who murders armed lifelong criminals who are turning their lives around

The media isn’t dare gonna dox a hero like that.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 06:36:35 PM »
Ashli Babbitt's family is suing the Capitol Police as well as the officer who killed her. I'm not saying the lawsuit is right or wrong. I was going to post about how long it would take for the left to suddenly make cops heroes again, but I can't ask that question, because they are already dissing her family for suing a hero.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/29/that-officer-was-a-hero-family-of-ashli-babbitt-to-sue-unidentified-capitol-police-officer-who-shot-her/

As well they should, she was no more wrong or just as wrong as others that have been shot by the Police and have filed claims or lawsuits. Maybe at least they will get an identity released of the shooter, why should he remain anonymous? One of the first things that normally happen in a police shooting is the ID is plastered all over the news.

bob

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 06:50:40 PM »
As well they should, she was no more wrong or just as wrong as others that have been shot by the Police and have filed claims or lawsuits. Maybe at least they will get an identity released of the shooter, why should he remain anonymous? One of the first things that normally happen in a police shooting is the ID is plastered all over the news.
I'm somewhat surprised that nobody - authorized or not - has posted the shooter's identity yet.

It appears that the government can keep a lid on things when they want to.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 07:22:53 PM »

Most liability claims against the Federal Government and its employees are handled via the Federal Tort Claims Act, which is a much more conservative legal environment than the civil court system.  So the Government reviews the claim, decides whether to pay it or not, and if they don't, then you can sue them in Federal court, in which all cases are heard and decided by a judge, not a jury.  Most plaintiff liability lawyers think it is more difficult to prevail against the Feds, the awards are lower, and there are caps on the plaintiff lawyer fees.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 11:01:16 PM »
I'll bet the guy is dead already.

I'll also bet that he was a staffer, and not a cop or "security."

Look at the footage. The guy was wearing cufflinks.

When is the last time you saw...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 08:43:10 AM »
I'll bet the guy is dead already.

I'll also bet that he was a staffer, and not a cop or "security."

Look at the footage. The guy was wearing cufflinks.

When is the last time you saw...
Fair point.  That or something similar may be part of why his identity is being protected.  He also might just be on a first name basis with some powerful Congresspeople.

Outside of that, I am glad they are able to sue.  Hopefully they can at least get information released on the shooting from the Govt side.  Likely there is video from the other side of that door. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 09:03:02 AM »
That or something similar may be part of why his identity is being protected. 

My understanding was that the identity protection is part of being federal law enforcement. For instance, There are websites that let you see the FOIA'd salary information of all Federal employees every year. Except for LE and alphabet agencies. The information is only employee name, duty station, and salary, but it is still redacted for fed LE.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 09:16:56 AM »
Early on, I read reports that he was part of a congresscritters security detail. Afterword, I never heard anything about that and everything I read mentioned capital police.

Are the capital police assigned to individual congresscritters?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 09:24:35 AM »

Are the capital police assigned to individual congresscritters?

Apparently they can be.  I read a story a few weeks back that (I think) Omar took a contingent of Capitol Police with her as bodyguards when she went to some city to promote defunding the police.

Yes, the irony.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 11:01:33 AM »
Take it for what it's worth: Gateway Pundit is claiming the killer is a lieutenant with the Capitol Police:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/02/breaking-exclusive-police-lieutenant-shot-killed-ashli-babbitt-lead-murder-suspect-ashli-babbitt-case/

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 11:10:17 AM »
Apparently they can be.  I read a story a few weeks back that (I think) Omar took a contingent of Capitol Police with her as bodyguards when she went to some city to promote defunding the police.

Yes, the irony.
I heard it pointed out yesterday, they may want to defund the police, but they really want to replace the police with something else.  It won't be anarchy as some see it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2021, 02:53:01 PM »
Do you all think the killing was criminal?

I have read almost nothing about the issue, nor have seen any videos of it.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 03:10:09 PM »
Maybe not criminal but it has been completely swept away. There are a couple videos of the shooting. A wide view and a closeup of the shooter. You can decide what you think after watching.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/capitol-shooting-that-led-to-ashli-babbitt-s-death-captured-on-video-99180613572

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9oThRuMVs

bob

grampster

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 03:35:53 PM »
The ultimate goal of the Democrats Marxists is to federalize the police.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 03:49:46 PM »

Do you think the officer or anyone on the other side of that door was actually in any sort of danger that warranted shooting her?  Even if she made it through that hole in the door I am not sure it was warranted.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 08:01:36 PM »
The ultimate goal of the Democrats Marxists is to federalize the police.

The People's State Police.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 10:38:48 PM »

Yes. Criminal not in the sense that he intended to break a law, but criminal in the sense that it was a needless, senseless killing and therefore should be charged as something like criminal negligence, negligent homicide, or whatever such charges exist in federal law.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 07:40:52 PM »
I figured that AB figured that after breaching that barrier than she would get cuffed, stuffed, bonded out, and go home to tell stories.

I think the guy with the cufflinks was some sort of staffer who went hunting.

Seriously - pretty much ANY law enforcement officer, and a lot of folks like you and I, has training in use of force. Shoot/Don't Shoot. Is there a reason?
Blog under construction

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2021, 08:12:42 PM »
Jodi Ellen Gonzales
Being part of an armed insurrection has real life and death consequences. You know why my husband didn’t watch me die? Cuz I wasn’t there.

"Horrible people exist on the Innernet, film at 11"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2021, 05:11:35 AM »

I've seen no recent evidence that the criminality or not of a police shooting has any bearing on the filing or settling of a civil suit.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 06:58:59 AM »
I've seen no recent evidence that the criminality or not of a police shooting has any bearing on the filing or settling of a civil suit.
Or the instigation of riots and violence.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2021, 09:18:19 AM »
I heard it pointed out yesterday, they may want to defund the police, but they really want to replace the police with something else.  It won't be anarchy as some see it.

Of course. They claim they they want to "defund" the police, but really what they want is to BE the enforcers of the law.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic