Author Topic: Introducing ...  (Read 849 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Introducing ...
« on: May 02, 2021, 02:55:28 PM »
President Hypocrite

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-government-and-politics-religion-22e0d1ba299fe8693013036e3cc85c81

Roman Catholic bishops say Biden should not be receiving communion if he advocates for abortion. The only surprise in this (to me) is that some bishops actually don't support a hard ban on pro-abortion politicians receiving communion. I don't understand how they reconcile that with the clear instructions from the Pope to deny communion to such politicians.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Introducing ...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 08:49:14 AM »
Didn't some Bishop threaten to excommunicate him for his stance on abortion back in the 1990s and got his mitre soundly slapped by Rome in the process?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 09:12:59 AM »
Leadership in the RCC has long been compromised by the Lavender Mafia and their pervert allies.

I read a great suggestion that everyone in a leadership position must undergo STD testing immediately, anyone testing positive loses their position of authority and is barred from leadership going forward.

That might give the actual believers and faithful in the church a chance to recapture their institution.

Obviously, that will (probably) never happen. 

The widespread acceptance of the moral authority of the RCC is pretty much gone. 

To the point where their promotion of actual good and true issues damages those issues by tainting them with their touch.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 09:50:53 AM »
Leadership in the RCC has long been compromised by the Lavender Mafia and their pervert allies.

I read a great suggestion that everyone in a leadership position must undergo STD testing immediately, anyone testing positive loses their position of authority and is barred from leadership going forward.

That might give the actual believers and faithful in the church a chance to recapture their institution.

Obviously, that will (probably) never happen. 

The widespread acceptance of the moral authority of the RCC is pretty much gone. 

To the point where their promotion of actual good and true issues damages those issues by tainting them with their touch.
Do you mean within the RC Church?  I would only say that people should not put their faith in men or man's institutions. 

That said, I don't know what incentive there is for anything to change in the RCC. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 11:12:00 AM »
Do you mean within the RC Church?  I would only say that people should not put their faith in men or man's institutions. 

That said, I don't know what incentive there is for anything to change in the RCC.

Well, I was raised MS Lutheran and called on Jesus to save me in a Baptist Church in the 80's.

"Questioning authority" isn't a 60's catchphrase but the foundation of being Protestant  :laugh:

Nobody would ever accuse me of being a high church proponent. On some issues I just generally try to hold my tongue (hard to believe right?).

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 11:30:39 AM »
It is always sad to see organizations have such failures.  I hope they can turn it around, but I am not confident.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »
"... called on Jesus to save me in a Baptist Church in the 80's."

Why? Were the Baptists hunting you for sport during one of their picnics?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 12:00:13 PM »
"... called on Jesus to save me in a Baptist Church in the 80's."

Why? Were the Baptists hunting you for sport during one of their picnics?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altar_call

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 12:06:39 PM »
Yeah, I came up in the Methodist/Evangelical United Brethren church. I know what the altar call is.

I think my version's probably more accurate, though. Those Baptists can be a rough crowd if you cross them...  :rofl:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 12:12:17 PM »
Do you know what the difference between a Catholic and a Baptist is?

The Catholic will recognize you when you run into them at the liquor store.

:rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 12:35:31 PM »
President Hypocrite

https://apnews.com/article/health-coronavirus-government-and-politics-religion-22e0d1ba299fe8693013036e3cc85c81

Roman Catholic bishops say Biden should not be receiving communion if he advocates for abortion. The only surprise in this (to me) is that some bishops actually don't support a hard ban on pro-abortion politicians receiving communion. I don't understand how they reconcile that with the clear instructions from the Pope to deny communion to such politicians.

What I tend to hear from Roman Catholic sources is "oh, they've excommunicated themselves".  Eh, OK.  Somebody's got to enforce it. 

Not being RC, I don't try to follow the goings on to any great extent.  And, I don't have the nuanced understanding a "native speaker" would have.  My understanding is, the hierarchy, all the way up, is pretty compromised.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 03:53:40 PM »
What I tend to hear from Roman Catholic sources is "oh, they've excommunicated themselves".  Eh, OK.  Somebody's got to enforce it. 

Not being RC, I don't try to follow the goings on to any great extent.  And, I don't have the nuanced understanding a "native speaker" would have.  My understanding is, the hierarchy, all the way up, is pretty compromised.

The whole thing is a sham anyway, but it has gotten worse of late (I think). I'm Protestant, but my first wife was Roman Catholic and professed to be a "faithful" Catholic. Nonetheless, she didn't see anything wrong with being on birth control (which was fine with me, since when we were married we were in no financial condition to start a family), which I considered to be a bit of a paradox. But I didn't say that out loud. In fact, a LOT of professed "good Catholics" practice birth control even though doing so is contrary to the stated position of the RC Church. That has always been a wink-wink, nudge-nudge situation.

But now we have a self-proclaimed "faithful," practicing Roman Catholic in the White House and actively supporting abortion. Biden's stance is clearly and blatantly contrary to the church's teachings, and their policy explicitly calls for him to be excommunicated -- but the U.S. bishops don't have the cajones to do it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design