Author Topic: Boeing Fires 65 Employees For Racist/Discriminatory Conduct  (Read 720 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I'm wondering what "racist and discriminatory conduct" includes, and what was used for evidence? This sure sounds like some kind of virtue signaling agenda. It occurred over nearly a year's time, but was apparently initiated right after George Floyd, so I can't help but think there were a good number of sacrificial lambs in the 65 count.

Boeing said on Friday it fired 65 employees over the last year for engaging in or being part of racist, discriminatory or hateful conduct.

In a company-wide report that reveals the first demographic breakdown of its workforce, the planemaker said the employees were terminated between June 2020 and April 21, 2021.

American companies have come under pressure from investors to publicly disclose information about diversity among employees in the wake of movements such as Black Lives Matter.

Boeing said about 69 percent of its U.S. workforce was made of white employees and 31 percent from other races, including about 6.4 percent black employees. Boeing has previously said it aims to take the number of black employees up by 20 percent.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/boeing-says-it-fired-65-employees-for-racist-discriminatory-conduct_3798623.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Boeing Fires 65 Employees For Racist/Discriminatory Conduct
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 08:43:46 AM »
Let me guess...

Being white, conservative, and Christian is terms for dismissal?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 08:49:22 AM »
Boeing said about 69 percent of its U.S. workforce was made of white employees and 31 percent from other races, including about 6.4 percent black employees. Boeing has previously said it aims to take the number of black employees up by 20 percent.

US Racial Breakdown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States#Race_and_ethnicity

So since it's race uber alles these days, and Whites are already underrepresented in Boeing's work force can we assume they will be firing Hispanics and/or Asians to free up space for the black quota?

Also, are we going to go ahead and repeal the laws that say you can't give hiring preference due to race, or just continue to ignore them when convenient?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 08:52:12 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-in-new-diversity-report-says-it-fired-65-workers-for-hateful-words-or-actions/

Here is the article in the Seattle Times about it.  I find it interesting that the Times did not do an article themselves, but rather used an article from Bloomberg.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 08:56:25 AM »
Diversity Inclusion Equity
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 09:15:26 AM »
I guess I would also have to ask what the demographic breakdown of the fired employees was? I know that we are supposed to accept that only white people can be racist, but certainly any demographic can be "hateful", no?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 10:37:22 AM »
Probably much like any other large, multi-state employer, Boeing does have the occasional racist problems crop up:  https://www.kuow.org/stories/boeing-says-racism-will-not-be-tolerated-will-it-be-driven-off-the-shop-floor

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 02:33:47 PM »
Boeing needs to fire the clowns that caused Starliner to fail its mission by neglecting to sync its mission clock to the launch vehicle clock, and the other clowns that didn't program the service module to eject properly from the capsule on reentry.  Their views on race/politics being irrelevant, they failed in a spectacular manner that could have cost lives if Boeing was allowed to fly their first capsule with actual crew.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »
Boeing needs to fire the clowns that caused Starliner to fail its mission by neglecting to sync its mission clock to the launch vehicle clock, and the other clowns that didn't program the service module to eject properly from the capsule on reentry.  Their views on race/politics being irrelevant, they failed in a spectacular manner that could have cost lives if Boeing was allowed to fly their first capsule with actual crew.

With Kamala Harris now chairing the National Space Council I'm sure all this will be straighten out quick.  :rofl: :'(
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 02:44:26 PM »
MLB stepping up enforcement with their players also.   =)

MLB Umpire Ejects Catcher For Making Multiple Racist Gestures
https://babylonbee.com/news/mlb-umpire-ejects-catcher-for-making-multiple-racist-gestures

According to witnesses, Cincinnati catcher Bugs "Sluggo" O'Callahan flashed several evil hand signals during the game, including:

The one-finger signal, which represents the desire for one race to reign supreme
The two-finger signal, which represents one woman and one man in marriage
The three-finger signal, a top-secret gesture meaning "white power"
The fingers extended and joined signal, which means "Heil Hitler"
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 02:46:19 PM »
Entire Water Polo Team Drowns Kneeling For National Anthem
https://babylonbee.com/news/entire-water-polo-team-drowns-kneeling-for-national-anthem

As soon as the flag was unfurled and the national anthem started to play, all the polo players swam to the bottom of the pool and took a knee. The anthem lasted a long time, as the singer decided to add all those weird vocal fills to change things up. Unfortunately, it lasted so long that the entire team took in too much water and died.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge