Author Topic: Herd immunity not attainable....  (Read 1067 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Herd immunity not attainable....
« on: May 03, 2021, 05:42:58 PM »
Here is an article from the NYT I thought would be an interesting read for you folks.  I'm not taking a position on this, just posting an FYI.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/reaching-herd-immunity-is-unlikely-in-the-us-experts-now-believe/ar-BB1giyQR?ocid=NL_ENUS_D1_20210503_1_3

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Herd immunity not attainable....
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 06:35:16 PM »
“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping onbullshit mask covering a human face—for ever.”
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 07:03:23 PM »
If you wear your magical mask and socially distance, we can stop sickness.

They gonna be surprised.
Blog under construction

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 07:08:56 PM »
Well, here in Alabama, ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - - - - oooooops, covid 19 cases are waaaaaaay down from the high of just a few months ago, and not because the state is doing a great job of stabbing the populace. 

I'm sorry,  but I'm calling stier-scheisse on the article.  Herd immunity is possible.

I don't think that covid 19 is "going away."   We were told that a year ago (it was not going away) when this started.   Even the regular "flu"  doesn't go away;  it morphs every year to require a new vaccine.   Maybe covid will do that too.
Who really knows.   

Even the "bubonic plague"  is lurking out there ..... somewhere.... where, every once in awhile, it pops up.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 07:33:35 PM »
I predict mandatory vaccinations for all in the future like Smallpox virus vaccinations were.

https://www.history.com/news/smallpox-vaccine-supreme-court
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 08:41:55 PM »
36 deaths in my county and I dont know of any under 80. That is beyond average life span. I think it is 78 or 79.

I think the most deaths were in and caused by big cities.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 09:04:54 PM »
36 deaths in my county and I dont know of any under 80. That is beyond average life span. I think it is 78 or 79.

I think the most deaths were in and caused by big cities.
I was listening to one of Steven Crowder's videos today and they mentioned the CDC was caught changing the definition of "herd immunity".  Found a couple links that are some months old.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoNewNormal/comments/kjld2r/cdc_changes_the_definition_of_herd_immunity_on/

https://allswritewiththeworld.medium.com/why-did-the-who-alter-its-definition-of-herd-immunity-d701abeb5a77
This was talks about the WHO doing it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 10:47:10 PM »
Well closing the curtains on COVID would eliminatr a convenient excuse for tyranny and massive spending with kickbacks so they move the goalposts daily to make sure the greatest thing to ever occur for politicians at all levels never ends.

And the *expletive deleted*ing pussies that make up the population go right along. I’ve never been so ashamed to be surrounded by so many outright cowards.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 10:36:11 AM »
We should have all tossed our face diapers a year ago and let the fire sweep through. We would have had herd immunity months ago.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 09:46:52 PM »
We should have all tossed our face diapers a year ago and let the fire sweep through. We would have had herd immunity months ago.

After how many people died from it?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 10:02:48 PM »
Well, here in Alabama, ANDROMEDA STRAIN - - - - - oooooops, covid 19 cases are waaaaaaay down from the high of just a few months ago, and not because the state is doing a great job of stabbing the populace. 

I'm sorry,  but I'm calling stier-scheisse on the article.  Herd immunity is possible.

I don't think that covid 19 is "going away."   We were told that a year ago (it was not going away) when this started.   Even the regular "flu"  doesn't go away;  it morphs every year to require a new vaccine.   Maybe covid will do that too.
Who really knows.   

Even the "bubonic plague"  is lurking out there ..... somewhere.... where, every once in awhile, it pops up.

The prairie dogs on Buckley Air Force Base in Colorado carry bubonic plague.  One of several reasons we were told to stay out of the fields, the others being UXO, rattlesnakes, rabid coyotes, and natural anthrax.

This whole scam is based on people's ignorance of infectious disease control.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 11:24:59 PM »

You had that option this whole time  :cool:

I don't wear one.  If confronted I plead forgetfulness.  I offer to put one on if they want to provide it.  Mostly works.  And it makes the aholes pushing it work.  Not for the conflict averse.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2021, 11:55:27 PM »
How many people would have died from it?

Probably about the same number that has... Possibly less.

I'm guessing that a lot of skilled nursing facilities will show lower mortality for the next calendar year - the low-hanging fruit, the terminal patients with DNR orders on file, has been picked.

Here's a graph from St. Louis City a few weeks ago...
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 06:38:18 PM »
Masks have never been proven to stop viral spread or even lower exposure.

It is in the realm of conjecture that a mask might lower the exposure load if exposed to air born droplets.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 08:40:37 PM »
The thing about the media coverage of the bug from Day One is that they believed everything that the Chinese told them.

And they went for the coverage that had the most exclamation points!!!!!!

If it bleeds, it leads.

So... They based their coverage on statistics referencing ONLY those cases which presented for medical treatment. Those folks are the worst of the worst cases to start. People who have a mild case of the snifflies don't go running to the doctor. People who have something that is really nasty do.

And from what I've read, about 95% of the "cases" are of the very mild/maybe not even noticed variety. So, of the 5% who do seek medical attention, a MUCH smaller number will die. Karen seems to think that "2% of people are gonna DIE!"

Yeah, there's gonna be fatalities.

Now, what causes this? How much is traced back to treatment? It was learned about a year ago that ventilators don't really do much. At least much other than shred a patient's lungs as ever-increasing pressure is used (and here we have one of the "lasting side effects of Covid" - the severely damaged lungs. Not from the bug, but from the treatment. High-flow cpap O2 seems to work much better, and without the adverse effects. And people are still arguing about the "Trump remedy," which has seemed to work pretty well in anecdotal cases. The instant that treatment became politicized, things started to really go downhill.

Now, here in St. Louis City, population about 319,000ish, our overall fatality rate is... 0.145%. And if the City is anything like the County, over 50% of those fatalities were from skilled nursing facilities, long-term-care, nursing homes, and hospices. Hospices. Folks with DNR orders on file.

Karen gets irritated with that number, because it is NOT 2%.

It's basically a version of the common cold. You're probably going to catch it. And you may, or may not, notice it. And, for the record, the common cold kills a lot of geezers.
Blog under construction