Author Topic: They really do despise you.  (Read 564 times)

freakazoid

• friend
They really do despise you.
« on: May 05, 2021, 09:17:49 AM »
Something I just learned about. The IRS use to use a special label for anti-tax people, until they were told to stop back in '98.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2015/09/17/irs-tax-protester-label-is-harder-to-delete-than-lois-lerner-emails/?sh=53d1ea4d2396
Apparently it still happens though somehow. Kind of brings up the question of what documents are they even putting this label on that tracks people with these types of labels.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
Re: They really do despise you.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 11:03:25 AM »
What exactly is "anti-tax"?  I don't know of anyone who pays extra to the IRS.

I guess the "pro-tax" people are usually just "pro-tax-everyone else".
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 12:30:10 PM »
I'm guessing the label is being put on people who've decided they're "sovereign citizens" and thus exempt from taxes as well as nearly all other laws.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:04:49 PM »
I'm guessing the label is being put on people who've decided they're "sovereign citizens" and thus exempt from taxes as well as nearly all other laws.
I think that is what most people would say.  I am not sure that is what govt bureaucrats would say. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge