Author Topic: What's up with this?  (Read 522 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
What's up with this?
« on: December 14, 2021, 01:07:18 AM »
High school female basketball player viciously assults opposing player, knocking her out and leaving her with a concussion.

https://www.foxla.com/news/corey-benjamin-daughter-mother-charged-garden-grove-basketball-game

So far, no mention of the assailant having been charged with any crime. That's bad enough. What I find interesting is that all the reports I've seen mention the name of the victim and show her face, but the assailant's face is always blurred and her name has not been given.

I wonder why?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: What's up with this?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 06:49:12 AM »
"What I find interesting is that all the reports I've seen mention the name of the victim and show her face, but the assailant's face is always blurred and her name has not been given."

Juvenile?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 07:35:21 AM »
"What I find interesting is that all the reports I've seen mention the name of the victim and show her face, but the assailant's face is always blurred and her name has not been given."

Juvenile?

The victim is a juvenile, too, but they don't seem to have a problem identifying her.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 08:53:04 AM »
The victim is a juvenile, too, but they don't seem to have a problem identifying her.

Unless the parents object, I don't see what would stop them from identifying the victim. The suspect is not yet convicted, and aren't juvenile records usually withheld from the press?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 08:53:57 AM »
Much different protocols for identifying a juvenile who's the victim of a crime (unless it's a sex crime) vs the juvenile perpetrator of the crime.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 09:11:12 AM »
Much different protocols for identifying a juvenile who's the victim of a crime (unless it's a sex crime) vs the juvenile perpetrator of the crime.
You'd think that the juveniles on the victim's team would plaster the assailants information all over social media . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain