Author Topic: CHOP at 10,000' in Colorado  (Read 11591 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CHOP at 10,000' in Colorado
« on: May 05, 2021, 10:03:21 PM »
Black Hammer (never heard of them) have "liberated" (bought) 200 acres of land in Colorado for "colonized people only". They have rich soil (see photos)!

I predict cannibalism within two weeks.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/05/group-has-liberated-land-to-be-a-city-for-colonized-people-only-no-rent-no-kkkops-rona-or-colonizers-allowed/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: CHOP at 10,000' in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 10:11:37 PM »

I predict cannibalism within two weeks.

In other words back to the old ways
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 10:20:49 PM »
At 10k feet it's gonna get cold up in them thar mountains this winter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 10:24:04 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 11:01:26 PM »
So, there are several ways this can play out...

They get tired, and go home.

There is a murder, and Teh Authoritays descend, and the story goes away.

They are successful.

I'm figuring #1... Because farming is hard.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 11:04:07 PM »
Rich soil? They're on crack.

200 acres, minus the lake and THREE rivers, doesn't leave a lot of space for building a "city."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 11:04:55 PM »
So, there are several ways this can play out...

They get tired, and go home.

There is a murder, and Teh Authoritays descend, and the story goes away.

They are successful.

I'm figuring #1... Because farming is hard racism.

FIFY
You can bet dollars to donuts they will blame racism
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 11:06:50 PM »
Liberated land. OH boy, please don't tell them about property taxes, I want the taxman to go collect arrears.  [popcorn] Rich land. Uh, yeah... 3 Rivers! Any westerners care to explain the goat fornication of water rights out there?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 11:10:04 PM »
Floodplain? I haven't looked.
Blog under construction

griz

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 11:28:43 PM »
Well, I applaud their effort of actually purchasing land for their colony.  Putting up your own buildings, planting a garden that is measured in acres (as compared to the several square feet shown in the photo) and figuring out how to survive the winter are character building exercises.  I wish them well.  They'll learn a lot, even if it's by consistent failures.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 11:43:17 PM »
Black is celebrating a victory this week as it’s reached $64,774 of its $500,000 GoFundMe goal — enough to purchase 200 acres of land in so-called “Colorado, USA” on which to build its colonizer-free city
Pro-tip: when you see a big acreage that's really cheap (especially in the mountain west), it would behoove you to ask why it's so cheap before you hit the buy button. There's a lot of weird rules about grazing rights, water rights, access rights (people get killed over the last two even in the current year, likely all three). You might have just bought a property you can't legally access without a helicopter, because the landowners between you and the dirt road can do what they want and don't want you traipsing across their property.
If they had 3 rivers on the property that property would be massively more expensive... and I don't know that there's a single place in Colorado that has three rivers in a 200 acre area. The west is dry. Not always Sahara dry like southern Arizona, but not an awful lot better. If it looks like rivers, it's a bunch of little washes that are temporarily swollen with snowmelt, and will be dry all summer. The lake is likely a livestock pond at best.
Liberated land. OH boy, please don't tell them about property taxes, I want the taxman to go collect arrears.  [popcorn] Rich land. Uh, yeah... 3 Rivers! Any westerners care to explain the goat fornication of water rights out there?
All the memes about the simple, straightforward west go out the window when the insanity of water rights comes into it. I've dipped a toe in and it's terrifying.
On the plus side, it's almost certain that the property has no rivers at all, and the realtor is Mr Haney.

griz

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 11:43:34 PM »
I read a little more and found out they are Communist who apparently plan to fund their new city with crowd sourcing and as near as I can tell will use their hatred of Jews to keep warm this winter.  Their doomed by their own stupidity.  Reality will not be kind to them.

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 11:48:08 PM »
All the memes about the simple, straightforward west go out the window when the insanity of water rights comes into it.

From friends in Colorado I've learned a little about that and I agree, they're in for some hard lessons.  My understanding is at least in some areas, you don't even have the right to collect rainwater, the state "owns" it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 11:50:21 PM »
  My understanding is at least in some areas, you don't even have the right to collect rainwater, the state "owns" it.

As communists they should understand that concept
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 12:24:57 AM »
So, they should really welcome a very large concertina razor wire fence to enclose it, right?

Are any of them named Donner?
Blog under construction

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 12:55:13 AM »
Machu Picchu II.

'Cept Macho Piccu was at 8,000 feet.  Founded ca 1450, abandoned 1572 (122 years).  Water rights did not exist back then in Peru.

Water rights in Colorado are so complex there's even a separate State Division for them:  Colorado Division of Water Resources.  I didn't check specifically, but I think there are at least four Water Courts, Judicial divisions with specialty lawyers and judges well-trained in water issues.

Not to mention Interstate water battles. 

I'm somehow reminded of Ayn Rand's characters looking to Colorado for freedom, natural resources, industry.  Or should I say "Commierado" nowadays?

Mr. Haney as the real estate agent... really funny. :rofl:

Terry

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 01:11:11 AM »
Machu Picchu II.

'Cept Macho Piccu was at 8,000 feet.  Founded ca 1450, abandoned 1572 (122 years).  Water rights did not exist back then in Peru.

And a fair bit closer to the equator thus warmer with less seasonal variation with far more rain fall. Plus the Inca were experts at terrace farming.
Doubt these fools could grow a potato even with AOC's help.

IIRC MP was more of a royal estate than a city.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 01:27:29 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 01:38:55 AM »
If they film the next couple weeks they can probably sell it to Netflix as next year's "Tiger King".  Make enough money for the survivors to buy a nice house in suburbia.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 06:42:57 AM »
If you pay "da man" for the land, have you liberated it?

Has anything been liberated at all? Except for the money from your wallet, which you've given to McWhitey Oppressor.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2021, 07:15:23 AM »
Hopefully the fresh air and beautiful surroundings will do them good.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 07:46:12 AM »
Why do I suspect that it will be come a litter strewn wasteland in a matter of weeks... IF anyone ever actually lives there...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

griz

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 08:43:56 AM »
^^  Actually that was kind of my first impression.  That spot will be used for protest signs and photo ops, nobody will stay there full time.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 08:51:45 AM »
Where is this place?  Or are they keeping it a secret?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 09:07:49 AM »
I saw that they originally wanted to "liberate" part of Florida, but it was too expensive.  :laugh:

They are also an LLC. It was also amusing that many of the comments on their twitter feed (where they were talking about taking THEIR land back from the colonizers) were asking them if they consulted with the local native Americans.

Also, "200 acres with three rivers and a lake" would probably go for at least $2 million in the mountain West. It's the kind of land multi-millionaires and celebrities look for as a retreat. I'm guessing the "lake" is a small pond of snow melt. The "rivers" are probably also snow melt taking the path of least resistance down the mountain and are likely a few feet wide.

EDIT: Oh, I'll take part of the last back. One of the pictures shows someone standing next to an actual river. Maybe swollen with snow melt, but it looks like a real river. Now I echo 230RN and am curious where it is. I don't see them hiking in and out of the future site of their city.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 09:20:49 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 09:12:41 AM »
I saw that they originally wanted to "liberate" part of Florida, but it was too expensive.  :laugh:

Darn capitalism
- Calvin and Hobbes