Author Topic: Interference in my hearing aids  (Read 432 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Interference in my hearing aids
« on: May 06, 2021, 09:29:58 AM »
I have blue tooth turned on, on my phone, so that it sends call directly to my hearing aids.  I can also stream music and the TV directly to my ears also.  Great feature I didn't expect to be so convenient for me, and my wife.  She can turn the TV down to where she wants it, and I can turn the sending unit, or my hearing aids up for me.  I started laughing as we were watching a Western the other night because I could hear one cowboy's spurs jingling as he walked.  I haven't heard that stuff in 20 years or more.

However there is a glitch.  If I have the blue tooth feature on my phone on, and stand near an electronic cash register, or go under power lines, or some other waves hit me, my hearing aids go beep, beep, boop and there is no call coming in, or text message waiting.  I called Phonak yesterday and was told that it likely is my hearing aids trying to reconnect to blue tooth after an interruption, or interference.  They suggested I turn off the blue tooth link on my phone and try going about my normal routine and see if it still happens.  If it still does with no blue tooth link, then the hearing aids are bad.  I don't know if that is normal and I know nothing about the technology of blue tooth (I still spell it wrong) so I have no way of knowing if they are blowing smoke or not.

Are any of you techie guys up on this stuff?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Interference in my hearing aids
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 09:33:32 AM »
Bluetooth seems prone to interference to me. I have a set of high quality Bluetooth headphones (LG) and they have issues with interference and sometimes also randomly just lose the link to the phone.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 10:07:31 AM »
It could easily be from bluetooth getting interference and/or disconnecting/reconnecting when it hits interference somewhere. On what part of your body do you carry your phone? I have one set of bluetooth earbuds, where if the phone is not in a front shirt pocket, they will constantly disconnect/reconnect. I can't even carry the phone in my back pants pocket with those earbuds.

The easy test is following the directions from your hearing aid rep. Turn off the bluetooth and see what happens.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 12:47:21 PM »
Probably just interference with the government tracking chip in your head.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 01:54:34 PM »
Probably just interference with the government tracking chip in your head.

Last time it was through my phone, but with GPS they just track my location.