Author Topic: Now we're changing the rotational axis of the planet  (Read 975 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Now we're changing the rotational axis of the planet
« on: May 06, 2021, 08:03:19 PM »
Apparently, according to the article, "man made" climate change is changing the rotational axis of the earth which explains why the N. magnetic pole is shifting as much as it is. Again according to the article.
I think we may has a another case of research bias. Maybe the change in rotational axis is causing climate change and not the other way around.

Polar Drift in the 1990s Explained by Terrestrial Water Storage Changes
https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1029/2020GL092114

Polar Drift Anomaly Has a Surprising Explanation...Humans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxiF8YQju2g
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Now we're changing the rotational axis of the planet
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 08:09:12 PM »
The magnetic North pole and the rotational axis are not now nor have they ever been the same thing.

The magnetic pole has been migrating for quite awhile and there's always been a "wobble" in the earth's rotation.

And some people slept through science class .....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 08:37:09 PM »
But "science" is now a religion, and must not be questioned. As long as it is the right sort of "science."

Frankly, if someone like Donald Trump announced that they thought that drinking a few glasses of water daily made them feel better, we'd have dehydrated hipsters clogging our emergency rooms in days...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 08:39:53 PM »
The magnetic North pole and the rotational axis are not now nor have they ever been the same thing.

The magnetic pole has been migrating for quite awhile and there's always been a "wobble" in the earth's rotation.

And some people slept through science class .....

You're one of those narrative, I mean science, deniers aren't you?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 09:17:50 PM »
I think this is the coolest spring in years. oh my god new ice age.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 09:49:55 PM »
From the youtube video comments.  Best comment I have seen.   :laugh:

Jim Griffiths
1 hour ago (edited)
From the 1930s onwards, how come this didn't accelerate the pole shift when the glaciers were melting very fast until they were virtually gone? How come it suddenly accelerated right now? It isn't caused by climate change of any kind. The magnetic pole shift has sudden reversals that are recorded in rocks that contain ferrous materials. It goes through long periods of virtually no movement, then sudden acceleration during a shift. SUVs weren't around thousands of years ago.
RectumShit
RectumShit
10 minutes ago
that's racist.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 10:52:18 PM »
Three cheers for commercial science!

Hip-hip who funded it?
Hip-hip who funded it?
Hip-hip who funded it?

Yayyyyy!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 01:08:05 AM »
Send those idiots back to the 1970s in a time machine and have them read Pole Shift by John White. According to Mr. White, I think we're all supposed to be dead now.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/419039.Pole_Shift

https://www.amazon.com/Pole-Shift-Predictions-Prophecies-Ultimate-ebook/dp/B00GNA1T1A
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 07:13:38 PM »
Anton feels like an idiot now for the above video...Sort of

I Made an Oopsy, Correcting a Mistake in a Polar Drift Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufybjb08sIo
- Calvin and Hobbes

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 10:25:03 PM »
Hell, all we gotta do is get everybody's car headed in the right direction, hit the gas, and put the planet's spin back on it's original axis by Newtons third law of motion. :cool:

To make it work though, we'll all have to coast to a stop so stepping on the brakes won't negate all the good we did for the planet!   [popcorn]

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 06:55:56 PM »
How many of you have watched the movie "The Day After" with Dennis Quaid?  There were model scenarios that I studied years ago in college (pre computer) that indicated a possible return to an "ice age" IF the amount of fresh water exiting the eastern seaboard of Canada, in particular, the St. Lawrence Seaway, were to increase dramatically, it would likely cut off the cold, salty current (the "thermohaline current") that sinks to the bottom, returns to the equator, warms, rises, and generates the Gulf Stream.  It would NOT happen as quickly in that movie (obviously) but between the St. Lawrence and Greenland, it is possible that the Gulf Stream could be broken.
Without the warmth the GS brings to the North Atlantic, Iceland would really become "ice land", Ireland, Scotland, the UK, and the Scandinavian countries would  be more like Siberia.
It's like a clockwork mechanism - remove one gear and the minute and second hand will keep moving but the hour hand stops.  Remove tw gears and the clock is likely to stop.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2021, 07:47:34 PM »
It's about time we changed the pole star.  Polaris was getting too set in its ways.  I vote for Kochab (Beta Ursae Minoris).

I also think we should have a 2 millennium term limit.

Terry, 230RN

(Brought to you by the Citizen's Committee for Kochab as Pole Star.)

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2021, 07:54:58 PM »
I'm about to lean west, let me know what happens.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 10:51:21 AM »
I've been passing more gas lately. Is it due to the change in the rotational axis or the Covid?  :rofl:

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 11:01:33 AM »
I think this is the coolest spring in years. oh my god new ice age.

Ah; just in time, too. Remember the 1970's? What's old is new again. What went around comes back around. Time and the tide waits for no man.

Here's a better riddle: If the flushing water in the toilet rotates counter-clockwise above the Equator and clockwise below it, what happens to the flushing water on the Equator?

Woody

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 11:39:01 AM »
Ah; just in time, too. Remember the 1970's? What's old is new again. What went around comes back around. Time and the tide waits for no man.

Here's a better riddle: If the flushing water in the toilet rotates counter-clockwise above the Equator and clockwise below it, what happens to the flushing water on the Equator?

Woody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTTJJAiQFRc
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 01:49:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTTJJAiQFRc

Very instructive. I had my clocking bass ackwards, though.

A hundred feet in either direction shows the physics. Hodathunkit.

Woody

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 03:27:45 PM »
Very instructive. I had my clocking bass ackwards, though.

A hundred feet in either direction shows the physics. Hodathunkit.

Woody

Makes me wonder if the water spins faster at the poles . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

230RN

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2021, 08:50:31 AM »
For large bodies of water (and air), the Coriolis effect is very obvious. The differences in "sideways" velocities due to the earth's rotation between the northernmost and southernmost parts of of the given large mass is substantial, resuting in the rotation. 

For smaller bodies of water, (i.e., the kitchen sink) the Coriolis effect is negligible and the direction of rotation depends more on the direction of the last (even minimal) angular momentum in the body of water.  This angular momentum (rotation) of the small body can easily be produced (faked) by only slight variations in how it is poured into the vessel.  Makes for a "cute" demonstration, and the gaff need not be obvious at all.

Look at it this way.  If you shoot a rifle in a northerly direction (say due north) the Coriolis effect is there, but negligible for the ordinary rifle ranges.

But in shooting a cannon such as the Paris Gun or the 16" guns of battleships over 30 to 70 miles range the Effect is quite large and must be accounted for in the aiming unless the firing is absolutely parallel to the lines of latitude.

NOTE: The experiment with the large-ish swimming pool was supposed to "eliminate variables," but since the pool was not apparently covered, even a slight breeze could have induced the minimal angular momentum required to produce the effect which confirmed the hypothesis.  Seems to me that wind variable could just as easily have produced the opposite effect, disconfirming the hypothesis.

Terry, tireless hunter-downer and merciless killer of extraneous variables.

ETA (REF):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2mec3vgeaI (3:05, esp 2:35 and following)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:28:46 AM by 230RN »