Author Topic: Army trainee hijacks elementary school bus full of children; kids all safe  (Read 527 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Army trainee hijacks elementary school bus full of children; kids all safe
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-rifle-hijacks-elementary-school-bus-full-children/story?id=77532517

The incident began around 7 a.m. Thursday when the suspect allegedly hopped a barbed wire fence and fled Fort Jackson, according to Lott and Beagle.

The children had boarded the bus when the armed suspect, Jovan Collazo, got on and allegedly "told the bus driver he didn’t want to hurt him, but he wanted him to drive him to the next town," Lott said.
Apparently he let the driver and kids go after a few miles. 
The suspect then drove the bus for a few miles before abandoning it, leaving the rifle inside, Lott said.

Collazo was spotted by deputies and civilians and was arrested without incident, Lott said. He faces charges including kidnapping, Lott said.

Beagle described the trainee, believed to be in his third week at Fort Jackson, as a quiet 23-year-old from New Jersey. He said it appeared the trainee was trying to get home.

Fort Jackson trainee identified after hijacking school bus full of children in South Carolina, deputies say
https://www.wyff4.com/article/fort-jackson-trainee-arrested-after-hijacking-school-bus-full-of-children-in-south-carolina-deputies-say/36352370

So he had a rifle, but no ammo.  No one was hurt. 

Does the Army just let you wash out of boot camp? 

Thanks to Seniorgunsngear for posting this on Instagram.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
My guess? The Army is going to gladly forego any UCMJ charges and summarily discharge him dishonorably and let the state have him for the kidnapping and related charges.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons

Yes, with conditions. 

Generally speaking, if a soldier whines enough he will be given a general discharged.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Yes, with conditions. 

Generally speaking, if a soldier whines enough he will be given a general discharged.

They usually call that "adjustment disorder". Then when they get discharged they go off to the VA and attempt to get a disability rating for their mental issues. Yes, it happens.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend

Apparently, yes.

Two years ago (almost) a daughter of a friend of mine enlisted. She went off to Basic Training, and didn't take to Army life -- at all. I'm unclear on the details, and I'm not even sure if the parents know the details. Bottom line, from what I know she never even got to an actual training company, she remained in the intake center (or whatever they call it) for three or four weeks, then they sent her home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
I frequent military forums and issues like this are still handled the same as what I saw at Fort Benning sixteen years ago.  Most who want to quit, notwithstanding a legitimate medical or psychological issue, are kept with their training company for months.

Sit there and watch everybody get trained up but not get trained themselves.  Watch their peers graduate and celebrate with their families.  Then, get shoved into a new training company for a couple of weeks so they can share their horror stories with the new recruits.

The easiest way out is to graduate, and hearing it first-hand from morose privates is more effective than from drill sergeants.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Apparently, yes.

Two years ago (almost) a daughter of a friend of mine enlisted. She went off to Basic Training, and didn't take to Army life -- at all. I'm unclear on the details, and I'm not even sure if the parents know the details. Bottom line, from what I know she never even got to an actual training company, she remained in the intake center (or whatever they call it) for three or four weeks, then they sent her home.

Navy failure-to-adjusts were held in a temporary company where they were used for janitorial labor to help recoup the money spent on them before sending them home.