Author Topic: Now BLM and Guns Are in Texas  (Read 1390 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Now BLM and Guns Are in Texas
« on: May 08, 2021, 07:57:21 PM »
So what do I know, but I always thought Plano was at least somewhat conservative leaning, yet BLM seems to have a presence and support there.

In this case, they are using, among other things, baby strollers to block traffic. The link also reports that they are armed. Knowing BLM, my guess would be that if someone tried to run the blockade, they would shoot them and use the baby strollers as a defense. The article didn't say if there were actually babies in the strollers.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/08/texas-driver-confronts-black-lives-matter-protesters-blocking-intersection-cop-steps-in-to-lead-him-back-to-his-car/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Now BLM and Guns Are in Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 09:52:40 PM »
Flammenwerfer time.      :mad:
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 10:01:06 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 11:11:09 PM »
So what do I know, but I always thought Plano was at least somewhat conservative leaning, yet BLM seems to have a presence and support there.
The trick is, a protest doesn't mean they are the majority of the area. or even from the area. There was some random George Floyd protest locally that was all of 5 people (with no violence of any kind, as I think there were more cops than protestors present) and it made it to the map of protests anyway.
Things like this are why I always carry pepper spray these days.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 11:30:49 PM »
Things like this are why I always carry pepper spray these days.

QFT. Bear spray. More capacity in a larger canister. I also keep a pack of smoke bombs in the truck. I've seen videos where they clear a path through protesters.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 12:36:50 AM »
QFT. Bear spray. More capacity in a larger canister. I also keep a pack of smoke bombs in the truck. I've seen videos where they clear a path through protesters.

Better to get a police-size anti-personnel canister. I recently looked up the specs on bear spray after a recent thread about a guy getting munched by a bear, and I found that the bear spray has a considerably lower percentage of capsaicin.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 12:59:19 AM »
Better to get a police-size anti-personnel canister. I recently looked up the specs on bear spray after a recent thread about a guy getting munched by a bear, and I found that the bear spray has a considerably lower percentage of capsaicin.
It varies a bit. Some brands do have a higher percentage, others have a lower one. At the worst, even if they are able to fight through it they are impaired, and most of the time people are incapacitated. I think the best advice I saw was to use it early and often - it's a response beyond harsh language while less dangerous than throwing hands, and generally quite successful. You can end confrontations with aggressive jackasses with a bit of temporary pain and suffering for them, and without grand juries or even broken bones in the hand for you.
Also, in most places in the states do not store it in your car, as your car (especially if it's a dark color) can hit +20F higher temp than ambient, which can prematurely depressurize the spray.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 01:55:35 AM »
Good point -- do NOT expect a pepper spray to function past the expiration date stamped on it. I tested one (not a bear spray, a standard self-defense unit) that was about a year past the date (might have been two years -- I don't remember now). I took it outside one night, pointed it downwind, and pressed the button. NOTHING came out -- not even a tiny "pfft."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 02:47:39 AM »
You might want to spend some of that expired pepper spray on yourself, working out how to function through it as well.  I have seen a LOT of WLJ's videos showing BLM spraying car drivers and spectators as soon as a door or window opens.

BLM and Antifa sure seem to be on board with the "use early and often" plan for pepper spray.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 08:16:41 AM »
Not sure how I feel about something like pepper spray anymore. It seems to work well for antifa, but recall that two guys from 06JAN are facing 60+ years in prison for carrying bear spray. BLM can spray me with no consequences, but if I defend myself with the same spray, my life will be ruined. At that point it's hard not to say, "Might as well shoot the  bastards."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 08:44:22 AM »
Dogmush is right. Not just for the reasons stated but also because if you use it, you will taste it. Especially if you are in a scuffle or confined space.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 09:45:57 AM »

In this case, they are using, among other things, baby strollers to block traffic. The link also reports that they are armed. Knowing BLM, my guess would be that if someone tried to run the blockade, they would shoot them and use the baby strollers as a defense. The article didn't say if there were actually babies in the strollers.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/08/texas-driver-confronts-black-lives-matter-protesters-blocking-intersection-cop-steps-in-to-lead-him-back-to-his-car/

Plano is very left. My wife is from there and I’ve been with her to visit her family there several times. Last time was during the Dem presidential primaries, all you saw were Beto signs all over the place.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 10:15:41 AM »
Plano is very left. My wife is from there and I’ve been with her to visit her family there several times. Last time was during the Dem presidential primaries, all you saw were Beto signs all over the place.

Texas gets nothing but beatdowns from the left about what rednecks they are, always being the bad guy in CA vs TX comparisons, yet the left continues to migrate there. If anyplace needs to setup a CHOP barrier at its border, it's Texas.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »
Now, what is pepper spray, and how does it function?

Seems to me, it wouldn't be that hard to pressurize via a couple of tanks and some 300PSI hoses. If it is something like Dave's Insanity Sauce, only thinner, I think you could get some nasty going.
Blog under construction

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 07:05:13 PM »
Thanks to 2020, I new work in Columbus, Ohio, right smack in the middle of prime protest real estate.  When things started getting sporty, I spent a few hours on Google Maps, figuring out lots of ways to get out of work and out of Dodge.  Avoidance above all else.  And, at the suggestion of  a co-worker, I made a couple of BLM signs.  Camouflage for my car windows.  Behind the camo, shooting glasses, N-95 mask, and my Glock 19 with extended mags.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 08:34:44 AM »
T.O.M., how sporty did it get down there?  I’m about 30 minutes west of Columbus and haven’t heard much about the protests going on there. A couple of stories on local news but nothing that made me concerned about going down into Columbus. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 06:45:02 PM »
It looks like Paxton is putting his foot down on BLM.

I was surprised to read that the man who yelled at the protestors ended up getting arrested, and was the only person arrested. For slapping a protestor's hand out of his face.

Regarding the police chief's statement, if he really believes what he said, he shouldn't have arrested that guy either.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/11/attorney-general-announces-he-will-never-allow-texas-cities-to-turn-into-portland-seattle-or-san-francisco/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 06:47:34 PM »
It looks like Paxton is putting his foot down on BLM.

I was surprised to read that the man who yelled at the protestors ended up getting arrested, and was the only person arrested. For slapping a protestor's hand out of his face.

Regarding the police chief's statement, if he really believes what he said, he shouldn't have arrested that guy either.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/11/attorney-general-announces-he-will-never-allow-texas-cities-to-turn-into-portland-seattle-or-san-francisco/

Biden will sic the DOJ on Paxon for civil right violations.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 08:52:39 PM »
Biden will sic the DOJ on Paxon for civil right violations.

That would be a bad idea. Paxton and Abbott have a history of telling Fed.gov agencies to eff off and getting their way about it.

Brad
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:39:57 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 09:38:09 PM »
https://gunfreezone.net/i-might-start-a-gofundme-for-this/

Sounds like it would be a good truck for the job.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG