Author Topic: Jeff Bezos' Yacht  (Read 1762 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Jeff Bezos' Yacht
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2021, 09:21:19 AM »
He was already an extremely rich multi-billionaire.  I am doubtful.

Yeah, a guy worth $200 billion buying a $500 million dollar yacht is like a guy who makes $200K/yr buying a bass boat.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2021, 09:27:19 AM »
Yeah, a guy worth $200 billion buying a $500 million dollar yacht is like a guy who makes $200K/yr buying a bass boat.

1/400th of his net worth.  If you have a net worth of $200,000, you can buy something for $500.  Not quite pocket change, but not a financial hardship either.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
How much does it cost to crew and maintain it?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2021, 10:11:04 AM »

I think amazon pays a bit over minimum wage . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2021, 10:18:51 AM »

There's a super yacht app for that:

https://www.luxyachts.com/yacht-cost-calculator

His is 127 meters. Plus the "tender yacht", plus I doubt he'll charter it so subtract the income.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2021, 10:29:47 AM »
1/400th of his net worth.  If you have a net worth of $200,000, you can buy something for $500.  Not quite pocket change, but not a financial hardship either.
Now I am trying to figure if I have guns that are worth more (proportionally) than his yacht.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2021, 11:38:57 AM »
Now I am trying to figure if I have guns that are worth more (proportionally) than his yacht.   =D
You probably spend way more (proportionally) on ammunition than he will on yacht upkeep.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2021, 12:07:55 PM »
Oh, also, that website didn't mention "helo maintenance", which will probably come close to the tender yacht costs.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2021, 05:44:20 PM »

I'd guesstimate $10 mil per year.  Just for the main boat.  Another $3 mil for the tender.  Maybe $500k for the helo.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2021, 09:27:51 PM »
Wonder if a working submarine with torpedoes can be ordered off Amazon? Asking for a friend.   >:D

Re-watch Bogie in "The African Queen" and see how he "made" torpedoes.  >:D

Of course, if you are a scuba diver, you can make a limpet mine and use either magnets or a special adhesive to attach it to the keel near the underside of the fuel tanks.  >:D :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2021, 11:13:40 PM »
Welcome to capitalism in action. Lots of people are getting paid because of that.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2021, 09:56:03 AM »
Famous quote is apropos - "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." (Attributed to J.P.Morgan)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain