Author Topic: Gain of function  (Read 2351 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Gain of function
« on: May 10, 2021, 08:29:26 PM »
Working my way through this investigative journalism piece on the origins of covid-19, where it came from, who funded its research and how it got funded.

The author is not a no nothing hack, from Wikipedia:
Nicholas Wade (born 17 May 1942) is a British author and journalist. He served as the staff writer for the Science Times section of The New York Times from 1982 to 2012. He is the author of the controversial book A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History (2014).

This is pretty political so here it goes

https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Gain of function
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 04:10:03 AM »
Interesting article. Thank you.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 04:41:32 PM »
Very interesting information. Now I understand the thread title.

In my mind, it's very likely the virus escaped the lab, for what that's worth. Even the US State Department admits the CCP has been hindering investigations: "For more than a year, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has systematically prevented a transparent and thorough investigation of the COVID-19 pandemic’s origin, choosing instead to devote enormous resources to deceit and disinformation."  https://2017-2021.state.gov/fact-sheet-activity-at-the-wuhan-institute-of-virology/index.html
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 05:01:02 PM »
Fireworks begin.

I don't suspect we'll get to know the truth.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/watch-sen-paul-rips-fauci-over-gain-function-funding
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 06:54:14 PM »

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 10:30:19 PM »
I don't think it escaped the lab.

I think it was seeded into the population, with a pre-prepped propaganda blitz about an epidemic, to cover for the execution, and cremation, of thousands of Hong Kong protesters.

And American media ate it up, and prompted the politicians to act, or else.

It kills the heck out of people who are terminally ill with "co-morbidities."

It empties hospices and skilled-nursing-facilities whose patients have to be turned to keep them from developing pressure ulcers.

Most other folks get the snifflies. Or, if their doctor panics, and decides that they need to be on a ventilator, because they've heard so much about how that is the treatment (it isn't...), and get their lungs shredded like tissue paper by increasingly high pressures, then they show the "lasting damage" that they crowed about.

Yeah, it whups your ass. Past few Santa seasons, I pretty much needed a month vacation time to get over all the crud that I'd catch from the kids during the last week. Whiskey and movies...

I suspect that geriatric morbidity numbers will hit a trough for the next year. They already got the easy ones...

I do think it was cooked up - likely as a bioweapon to be largely non-fatal to a population, to soften resistance.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 12:01:09 AM »

I think it was seeded into the population, with a pre-prepped propaganda blitz about an epidemic, to cover for the execution, and cremation, of thousands of Hong Kong protesters.

It empties hospices and skilled-nursing-facilities whose patients have to be turned to keep them from developing pressure ulcers.

Most other folks get the snifflies. Or, if their doctor panics, and decides that they need to be on a ventilator, because they've heard so much about how that is the treatment (it isn't...), and get their lungs shredded like tissue paper by increasingly high pressures, then they show the "lasting damage" that they crowed about.

Yeah, it whups your ass. Past few Santa seasons, I pretty much needed a month vacation time to get over all the crud that I'd catch from the kids during the last week. Whiskey and movies...

I suspect that geriatric morbidity numbers will hit a trough for the next year. They already got the easy ones...

I do think it was cooked up - likely as a bioweapon to be largely non-fatal to a population, to soften resistance.
That makes way too much sense.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 12:05:51 AM »
If China were using it to conceal mass deaths, why would they pretend that their death rates were so low?

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 08:12:04 AM »
Because, overall, there weren't really all that many Hong Kong protesters to get rid of... Under 100,000. And when they saw how other places were self-harming by going with the quarantine strategy, they sure were not going to interrupt them.

"See! The quarantines work! You should weld your apartment building doors shut! See us do it! See our roving medics scraping people off the sidewalks... But we had low numbers, because quarantines. You should shut all the things down. Until you get $80/sheet plywood! Then you have low numbers like us! Now, pay attention to the cases!!!!!
"
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »
At the very minimum we can say:

The USA was, in part, funding the research at the Wuhan lab through a third party.

Dr. Fauci was in charge of signing off on the funding that eventually ended up at the Wuhan lab.

The Wuhan lab was modifying bat viruses in such a manner that could increase their ability to infect human beings.

The Covid-19 pandemic started in Wuhan China.

Am I overstating anything above?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 10:47:35 PM »

Bingo.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 10:49:59 PM »
China has a population "problem".  What better way to get rid of some of the low-end non-technological people and cause worldwide disruption that may benefit the CCPs grandiose schemes?  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 05:30:07 PM »
China has a population "problem".  What better way to get rid of some of the low-end non-technological people and cause worldwide disruption that may benefit the CCPs grandiose schemes?  [popcorn]

We need a "Like" button on here.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2021, 09:10:11 PM »
Perhaps this gentleman knows something ...  [tinfoil]

A senior member of a Chinese Communist Party think tank claimed China won a biological war against the United States in 2020.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/05/senior-member-ccp-think-tank-claims-china-won-unprecedented-biological-war-us-2020-put-us-back-place-video/
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2021, 11:27:49 PM »
Newsweek is a right wing group of Trump supporters.
Blog under construction

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2022, 09:26:48 AM »
DARPA considered Fauci's research gain of function research.

Why take medical advice from a known provable liar like Fauci?

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/military-documents-about-gain-of-function-contradict-fauci-testimony-under/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2022, 09:32:36 AM »
DARPA considered Fauci's research gain of function research.

Why take medical advice from a known provable liar like Fauci?

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/military-documents-about-gain-of-function-contradict-fauci-testimony-under/

Because Fauci is a darling of the democrats and guess who controls the flow out of the spigot of endless money?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:38:15 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2022, 05:14:40 PM »
Because Fauci is a daring of the democrats and guess who controls the flow out of the spicket of endless money?

*spigot* 

And Fauci controls it, I guess. He seems to control everything else around here.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2022, 07:27:00 AM »
*spigot* 

I even double checked the spelling and I still messed it up
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2022, 07:36:53 AM »
I even double checked the spelling and I still messed it up

Does that include "daring" instead of "darling?"   :police:
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2022, 07:38:06 AM »
Does that include "daring" instead of "darling?"   :police:
How darl you!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2022, 07:40:58 AM »
It never rains it....

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2022, 07:42:24 AM »
Cat must of walked on my keyboard.
Yeah that's it.

Actually that does happen a lot in my house.
- Calvin and Hobbes