Author Topic: Vaccination Cards requested for proof of vaccination.  (Read 3075 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Vaccination Cards requested for proof of vaccination.
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2021, 08:53:28 PM »
If the patient has been vaccinated what is the point in knowing if the staff is?   =|   
Or are these anti-vaxxers?  Or .... what?    [popcorn]   [tinfoil]

Last time I looked at the data, in this county, approximately 25% of the population has been fully vaccinated.  I have no data on this, but I wonder if the people asking are unvaccinated, and looking to cut their risk.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2021, 09:42:19 PM »
We are getting patients asking if the staff has been vaccinated, and if they have not, the patient asks for another staff member.  We leave it to the staff member if they wish to disclose their vaccine status or not.

Surprised. I kind of figured all Health Care workers would have got the shots first thing, toot sweet.  And be reasonably enthusiastic about the vaccines.  What am I misunderstanding?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2021, 04:24:28 AM »
Surprised. I kind of figured all Health Care workers would have got the shots first thing, toot sweet.  And be reasonably enthusiastic about the vaccines.  What am I misunderstanding?

You're misunderstanding health care workers. There are some special ones out there.

According to Mrs. Mush, the hospital she works at is like 61% of employees vaccinated, and new vaccinations have slowed to a crawl.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2021, 06:54:49 AM »
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Leeloo Dallas... COVID Pass!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2021, 07:13:44 AM »
For those of you with two shots in and a card to show it, my doc advised against laminating the card.  A booster shot is likely to be needed.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2021, 07:30:18 AM »
^ Good advice about the lamination. My scanner is screwed up, but I planned on taking a photograph and printing it out sized to fit in my wallet filler.  The original card is a pussyhair too big.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 09:44:57 AM »
Right now, at our local hospital, we are running at about 74% of staff receiving at least one COVID vaccination.  The majority of people who have not received any vaccine are nursing staff.  Vaccination rates amongst the medical staff, technicians, and support staff are higher.  We are in the process of doing some surveys to determine why our staff are choosing not to be vaccinated. I will say that based on my experience over the years, nursing staff being anti-vaccine of all types is nothing particularly new.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 03:36:08 PM »
My vaccination card sits in my gun safe next to my passport.  No plans on carrying it.  Our infamous governor finally decided to let the rest of Ohio open up come 2 June. 

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 04:39:36 PM »
My vaccination card sits in my gun safe next to my passport.  No plans on carrying it.  Our infamous governor finally decided to let the rest of Ohio open up come 2 June.

Plus how much money is he throwing around to incentivize people to get the vaccine.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
For those of you with two shots in and a card to show it, my doc advised against laminating the card.  A booster shot is likely to be needed.

Wife said a local copy shop (don't remember which one) will make a copy and laminate the copy for free.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2021, 10:08:34 PM »
If you ask for empirical data about the virus, you're a conspiracy freak.

And... Until last week, NOBODY under age 40 had been reported in St. Louis City as having died with the 'Rona. We have a new mayor now, and it looks like they fixed that. Five between 30 and 39, and the overall graph looks smoothed too.
Blog under construction

JN01

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2021, 10:09:50 PM »
white-privilege-card" border="0

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2021, 11:29:16 PM »
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!! >:D [popcorn] [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2021, 07:41:56 PM »
The proper way to show proof of vaccination is with the middle finger and telling them to go *expletive deleted*ck themselves and leaving

I plan to go with "that's none of your business" and a smile.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2021, 08:44:34 PM »
LOTS of people "in the business" aren't fans of a rushed vaccination.

I'm doing it because I don't want to get passed over at the job.

Period. I figure I'll chance whatever adverse effects. Last time I passed on medicrap ("Have a full physical, free of charge, covering anything and everything), I got laid off...

It'll be interesting to look at the overall statistics (and if you look at that, you're a conspiracy theorist...) regarding overall societal morbidity vs. morbidity from the vaccinated target population.

Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2021, 07:18:22 AM »
So, Virginia's going to be dropping the mask mandates statewide in a few days...

I can't do it. I can't go back to living in free face society...

I've worn a mask so much, and washed my hands so many times, that I now self-identify as a raccoon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2021, 09:45:10 AM »
If the patient has been vaccinated what is the point in knowing if the staff is?   =|   
Or are these anti-vaxxers?  Or .... what?    [popcorn]   [tinfoil]

The opposite, I expect.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2021, 10:12:32 AM »
So, Virginia's going to be dropping the mask mandates statewide in a few days...

Missouri never had one, but our county just suddenly dropped its mask mandate this past Friday. Not sure how the businesses around here will respond.

The county's rule was imposed back in early July. Then a few days ago, the attorney general filed suit against the county, demanding to know the scientific basis for the county's restrictions. I don't know if that was the real catalyst, or if Wal-Mart and Trader Joe's were pushing for it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2021, 10:21:55 AM »
No mask mandate, but a LOT of people are still wearing them. Some of them are Karen.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2021, 11:24:49 AM »
I went out shopping yesterday.  Mask in my shirt pocket.  Most of the stores have taken down their mask signs; employees still wearing masks (I asked one and they are still required to by mgmt) and customers maybe 50%.

My church took the required sign down a week ago and put one up that our posted covid policy is "Masks are recommended"  Almost nobody wears a mask.  (nobody wearing a mask just started a week ago)  I was going to tell the pastor that he should reword that and say "encouraged" rather than "recommended", because if they are really recommended the church officers should follow our own recommendations.  But now I think we should just take the sign down completely.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2021, 11:50:43 AM »
I was just looking to see if I can finally start going* to my favorite downtown Boise brew pubs again for a burger and beer. Most of them appear to have put up notices that they are back to normal, but one of the more popular ones had a notice that "due to the concerns of our employees, masks will still be required when not seated at your table". Which, that whole walk 20 feet to your indoor table, then you're suddenly safe thing was one of the biggest piles of unscientific bullshit in this whole thing.

So I won't be visiting that one till they change their snowflake employee rules, but Ten Barrel Brewing is advertising a Summer kolsch they make where they donate part of the sales to local fish habitat, and dropped their mask rules, so I'll be visiting them. I like a good kolsch for lunch. Refreshing, low ABV and not bitter.

* I could have been going to them already for the last half year at least, but the stupid rules killed the ambience for me. I went a few times to meet friends for lunch, but when I go by myself, during covid I was persona non-grata, since sitting at the bar was closed and they didn't want to give a table to a single diner. In the meantime, I was going to the local diner all the time, where neither customers nor employees were wearing masks for the most part.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2021, 12:31:00 PM »
Our local health system has a conference call at 0700 tomorrow morning to discuss masking, but I bet cash money we will continue masking requirements in our facilities as per the new CDC guidance.  As far as we have heard, every other healthcare facility in our area is doing the same.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2021, 04:39:54 PM »
Just got back from Total wine. Sign says mask required for those not vaccinated. No questions nor dirty looks. 

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2021, 04:56:33 PM »
You're misunderstanding health care workers. There are some special ones out there.

According to Mrs. Mush, the hospital she works at is like 61% of employees vaccinated, and new vaccinations have slowed to a crawl.

Maybe they're a-skeerdy of the needle.

For myself, at 82 yo with both Pfizer shots, I'm going to continue wearing a mask indoors as long as anybody's wearing them.  My county went "all clear" last week, not sure what the State (Colorado) is doing, but I think His Governorship declared an all clear for the state as well.  King Soopers is/was still requiring them for their employees.  Last I was in one was Friday, 14 May, so I don't know what's cooking up to the milliminute.

I did put a trimmed-to-fit photo of my vaccination card in my wallet.  If the pic is not satisfactory to anyone who asks for a vaccination card, OK, I'll just put my mask on and continue doing my business.  No sense shoulder-chipping my way through life.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 05:43:30 PM by 230RN »