Author Topic: Cheney is Out  (Read 1477 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Cheney is Out
« on: May 12, 2021, 10:21:03 AM »
Cheney is out as GOP Conference Chair. Part of her ending remarks included pretty much a vendetta against Trump.

TDS - it's not just for democrats anymore.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/05/12/breaking-liz-cheney-booted-from-position-as-house-gop-conference-chair-vows-to-do-everything-i-can-to-that-trump-never-again-gets-anywhere-near-the-oval-office/

From what I could tell, she did some good work in that position, but once she bought into "armed insurrection and dog whistles", she lost her credibility.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Cheney is Out
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 10:28:16 AM »
Her obsession with Trump is a very good reason to get rid of her.  That does not represent a very good thought process IMO.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 11:17:55 AM »
Call me when they dump McConnel and McCarthy.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 12:47:26 PM »
Her obsession with Trump is a very good reason to get rid of her.  That does not represent a very good thought process IMO.

Agreed.  Note that her parting shot after the vote was "orange man bad."

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 12:51:44 PM »
It's crazy to me how big of a story this is being made in the news. I mean, it's surely worth an article or two in the politics section but both left & right wing news outlets have been obsessing over it. I doubt that many people, even those who follow politics closely, could name the House Democratic Caucus Chairman off the top of their heads.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 02:01:26 PM »
Just mad because she won’t ever get to a position to start a war for daddy like Bush part deux did.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 02:05:51 PM »
Red meat for Trumpers that has zero influence on anything in the larger scheme of things IMHO.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 02:15:15 PM »
A lot of media outlets are pushing the narrative "Trump broke the GOP" and Cheney's ouster is being touted as proof.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2021, 02:33:13 PM »
Nancy Pelosi is probably having a good cry - with Liz Cheney ousted from a leadership position and reduced to irrelevance (and likely to lose her seat in 2022) Nancy's only prominent RINO mouthpiece will be Mitt Romney.

In another 18 months Liz Cheney will probably be choosing curtains for her new office over at MSDNC or CNN where she'll be joining the editorial staff.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2021, 02:52:58 PM »

In another 18 months Liz Cheney will probably be choosing curtains for her new office over at MSDNC or CNN where she'll be joining the editorial staff.

Already on the way:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/05/12/that-was-fast-ousted-house-gop-conference-chair-liz-cheney-heads-straight-for-an-exclusive-interview-with-nbcs-savannah-guthrie-pic/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2021, 04:39:16 PM »
Already on the way:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/05/12/that-was-fast-ousted-house-gop-conference-chair-liz-cheney-heads-straight-for-an-exclusive-interview-with-nbcs-savannah-guthrie-pic/

Every day, these "Republicans" make it clear their loyalties lie with the ruling class, not the voters they are supposed to represent.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 07:22:52 PM »
Agreed.  Note that her parting shot after the vote was "orange man bad."

"Bye.  Don't let the door etc. etc. etc."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2021, 09:32:18 PM »
Red meat for Trumpers that has zero influence on anything in the larger scheme of things IMHO.
I figure she pissed off the leadership or other Republicans somehow.  I would guess she is hurting fundraising.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2021, 09:34:37 PM »
Both the Ds and the Rs answer to The Ruling Class.  America has finally devolved into a large Administrative State run by the Oligarchs.  The question is how badly they'll screw things up.   
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 10:00:41 PM »
Or... Could be that some republicans actually realizing that Trump wasn't a "candidate."

He was a symptom of the disaffection that VERY MUCH of America had with the system. And with THEIR system.

Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 10:43:49 PM »
Both the Ds and the Rs answer to The Ruling Class.  America has finally devolved into a large Administrative State run by the Oligarchs.  The question is how badly they'll screw things up.

And the answer is yes.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 10:49:18 PM »
Another useless RINO out, and good riddance.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 11:37:01 PM »
Saw Liz Cheney being interviewed by Bret Baier on Fox.

It seemed that no matter what the question was, she always circled back to some variation of "Orange man bad, election was honest" in her answer. In a way, she reminded me of those customer service phone trees that use voice recognition and always seem to route you to the same useless non-answer to your issue no matter how you phrase your question.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2021, 08:26:49 AM »
Saw Liz Cheney being interviewed by Bret Baier on Fox.

It seemed that no matter what the question was, she always circled back to some variation of "Orange man bad, election was honest" in her answer. In a way, she reminded me of those customer service phone trees that use voice recognition and always seem to route you to the same useless non-answer to your issue no matter how you phrase your question.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2021, 08:40:35 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 02:35:10 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2021, 08:05:58 PM »

Spot on.  This is kabuki distraction.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in