Author Topic: A movie scene that has stayed in my head for 50+ years  (Read 367 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
A movie scene that has stayed in my head for 50+ years
« on: May 12, 2021, 11:27:51 AM »
Have had a movie scene stuck in my head for over 50 years now and never knew where it came from. A few days ago I decided to google "demon", "Train" since I suspected it came from a movie and found it on YT. Don't remembered actually watching it back then so I guess I saw it when I was ~3 or 4 on a B/W TV in a dark living room in the late 60s and this scene has haunted me ever since without knowing where the images in my head came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaElzJjy_xU
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: A movie scene that has stayed in my head for 50+ years
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 11:46:34 AM »
Neat.  Pretty good for the time.

There was a demonic movie that used to play on the ABC 3 O'Clock Movie a lot when I was a kid.  It always freaked me out a little.  It had a short name like Y2 or something like that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: A movie scene that has stayed in my head for 50+ years
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 03:53:11 PM »
Have had a movie scene stuck in my head for over 50 years now and never knew where it came from. A few days ago I decided to google "demon", "Train" since I suspected it came from a movie and found it on YT. Don't remembered actually watching it back then so I guess I saw it when I was ~3 or 4 on a B/W TV in a dark living room in the late 60s and this scene has haunted me ever since without knowing where the images in my head came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaElzJjy_xU

Isn't that movie referenced in the Rocky Horror Picture Show opening song?  (Science Fiction Double Feature)  "Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes..."
"It's good, though..."