Author Topic: El Paso woman woke up to blood dripping from her apartment ceiling  (Read 489 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Not just from the ceiling.  It was coming down on the ceiling fan which was slinging it all over the place. 

Stuff of nightmares.  Sometimes you are just glad this didn't happen to you. 
https://www.ktsm.com/local/el-paso-news/woman-wakes-up-to-find-blood-dripping-from-ceiling-while-she-slept/

Cardenas says she woke up around 4 a.m. to the sound of something dripping. When she got up to see what the noise was, she said what she thought was rain was actually blood splattered across the walls, her bed and her body.

Cardenas had slept with the ceiling fan on and the blood seeped right where the fan was which caused the blood to travel towards the blades of the fan causing the splatter on her bedroom walls.

After calling 911, the blood, which covered parts of her bed, walls, furniture and even her hair, was coming from her upstairs neighbor. Cardenas said it was a man aged between 55-70 who died.

“The firefighters knocked down his door and the body was laying exactly where my fan is underneath. He had carpet but the blood seeped through to my ceiling,” Cardenas said.

Cardenas said police determined her neighbor died from natural cause and was decomposing for about five to six days.

Another benefit of home ownership. 

Not much to the story, but this was something unusual.  Weird things happen sometimes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: El Paso woman woke up to blood dripping from her apartment ceiling
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 07:54:34 AM »
Ick.  Decomposing for a week.

Here's another one to ruin your breakfast.  Long-dead beached whale.  Man starts cutting into it.  Whale bursts open.  Need I give a formal warning?

https://youtu.be/d2CfYOJ5oxk

Getting rid of beached whales seems to be a problem.  There's a video of them trying to blow one apart with 'splosives.  Parts coming back down damaged cars in the parking lot and made a general mess.  And they still had enough intact whale that they had to bulldoze a hole next to it, push the remaining remains in, bury it, and close off that part of the beach for a long time.

I woke up to six inches of sewage in my basement bedroom once.  They were doing some digging on Colfax Avenue and punctured a sewer line.  They had an insurance guy come around making offers for your damages and aggravation.  Ruined a good pair of Tony Lama boots and about a week's worth of life in cleaning and reorganizing and whatnot.  I got a nice chunk of change out of the insurors, but never enough to make up for the hassle.

The ruined pair of Tony Lamas seemed to touch the steel-hard heart of the adjuster the most.

Terry
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:17:05 AM by 230RN »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 09:29:30 AM »

Getting rid of beached whales seems to be a problem.  There's a video of them trying to blow one apart with 'splosives.  Parts coming back down damaged cars in the parking lot and made a general mess.  And they still had enough intact whale that they had to bulldoze a hole next to it, push the remaining remains in, bury it, and close off that part of the beach for a long time.

Terry

Ah, yes.  Paul Linnman's best story from his time as a reporter with KATU 2 in Portland, OR.  A  beached whale in Florence, Oregon.
Linnman has been KATU's evening news anchorman almost forever it seems.

Newly remastered video celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 'splody whale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6CLumsir34
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 09:35:04 AM »

Here's another one to ruin your breakfast.  Long-dead beached whale.  Man starts cutting into it.  Whale bursts open.  Need I give a formal warning?

https://youtu.be/d2CfYOJ5oxk

I woke up to six inches of sewage in my basement bedroom once.  They were doing some digging on Colfax Avenue and punctured a sewer line.  They had an insurance guy come around making offers for your damages and aggravation.  Ruined a good pair of Tony Lama boots and about a week's worth of life in cleaning and reorganizing and whatnot.  I got a nice chunk of change out of the insurors, but never enough to make up for the hassle.

The ruined pair of Tony Lamas seemed to touch the steel-hard heart of the adjuster the most.

Terry

Last park I worked at we had a small whale beach itself beside the fishing pier and die then it started decomposing. The smell was indescribably horrific.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 09:39:31 AM »
Dave Barry does a great bit about the Oregon whale.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 10:38:38 AM »
Last park I worked at we had a small whale beach itself beside the fishing pier and die then it started decomposing. The smell was indescribably horrific.

You can imagine what whaling ships smelled like
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes