Author Topic: ATF Weapons Seizure  (Read 389 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
ATF Weapons Seizure
« on: May 13, 2021, 08:03:10 PM »
This apparently happened in 2018, but the ongoing legal fight popped up on my news feed:

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/atfs-seizure-of-222-guns-in-colleyville-home-leads-to-court-battle/2631686/

Reading the ATF statement scares me. I don't have over 200 guns, but I collect and did have a C&R license. Last year I sold something like eight guns at once. I used a local guy who ran an auction for me, but I could just as easily have put the rifles on the Internet myself to sell them all at the same time, or could have taken them to the gun show, which is basically what it seems the accused did (except for he also sold a couple of guns at his house to the undercover ATF guy).

This could happen to any one of us here. Maybe there's more to the story and the guy was selling to felons or something, but if so, it seems the ATF would put that front and center versus their evidence being a gun show table and a couple of private sales.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: ATF Weapons Seizure
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:33:01 PM »
From what they say, it sounds like the guy was just selling off guns he had collected.  Unless they can show he was buying and reselling guns regularly, I don't see the point. 

The sad part is there are probably criminals arrested in possession of firearms those prosecutors could be putting up on federal gun charges but are not because they are wasting time on this case.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 07:29:14 AM »
The goal is not to reduce crime.

Ben said,

"This could happen to any one of us here. Maybe there's more to the story and the guy was selling to felons or something, but if so, it seems the ATF would put that front and center versus their evidence being a gun show table and a couple of private sales."

Gun shows are just another strategic target in the cultural war against firearms, conservatism, ruralism, and anything to do with the original principles on which  the nation was founded.

Like the battle against the NRA, gun shows are just another front.

And the goal is not to reduce crime.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 01:10:31 PM by 230RN »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 08:17:01 AM »
Sounds to me like the guy lost his job and was selling off his collection to pay his bills.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?