Author Topic: "We are now actively investigating the Trump Org in a criminal capacity"  (Read 538 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
They will never stop

Sonia Moghe
@soniamoghe
·
12h
NEW: The
@NewYorkStateAG
 investigation into the Trump Organization is “no longer purely civil.”

“We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA,” a spokesman told CNN.
https://twitter.com/soniamoghe/status/1394832841683488768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1394832841683488768%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fgregp-3534%2F2021%2F05%2F19%2Fnew-york-ag-we-are-now-actively-investigating-the-trump-organization-in-a-criminal-capacity%2F

CNN reporter in the video at the link below can barely hide his glee

New York attorney general adds 'criminal capacity' to probe of Trump Organization
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/18/politics/new-york-attorney-general-trump-organization-criminal-probe/index.html

For the past two years, James' office looked into matters including whether or not it improperly inflated assets on financial statements to secure loans and obtain economic and tax benefits, as well as how Trump Organization employees were compensated.
Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen testified before Congress in 2019 that Trump's annual financial statements inflated the value of his assets to secure favorable loans and insurance coverage, but deflated the value of other assets to reduce real estate taxes.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
"Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
"We are now actively investigating the Trump Org in a criminal capacity"

nicely ambiguous
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
Meaning they are going to harass them with subpoenas and questioning until they find something (or not). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
Maybe Trump should declare bankruptcy in a federal court in Texas .

What's that? It's been done? Oh ... never mind.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Maybe Trump should declare bankruptcy in a federal court in Texas .

Well he is a terrorist
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes