Author Topic: Atlanta 'defund the police' backer has car stolen  (Read 722 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Atlanta 'defund the police' backer has car stolen
« on: May 27, 2021, 10:44:28 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-defund-the-police-backer-has-car-stolen-by-kids-in-broad-daylight-reports

The schadenfreude is so delicious.  He left his key fob in his Mercedes and he watched them take of with it during the event is was participating in.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Atlanta 'defund the police' backer has car stolen
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 10:53:11 AM »
Brown doesn't plan on filing charges against the kids, who he says acted out of desperation, Atlanta's WSB-TV reported.

If it wasn't for white supremacy they wouldn't have needed to steal a Mercedes out of desperation.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 11:09:47 AM »
So, he and his friend violently assaulted several disadvantaged youths who were only attempting to better their lot by redistributing wealth from the overly blessed.

They both should be jailed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 11:11:45 AM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 12:13:21 PM »
We'll see how desperate he thinks they were when insurance refuses to pay because he's publicly admitted to leaving the keys in it.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 12:16:29 PM »
^^^I like to learn something every day: would that apply if you left the keys in the car accidentally, or only apply if you did so deliberately?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2021, 04:12:40 PM »
Being an Atlanta city councilman you can be assured that corrupt mother *expletive deleted*er didn’t pay for the car out of his pocket in the first place.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 12:00:14 PM »
^^^I like to learn something every day: would that apply if you left the keys in the car accidentally, or only apply if you did so deliberately?

My previous policy specifically addressed due diligence and reasonable care to guard against casual entry and operation (i.e. lock the doors and don't leave the keys in it). General translation was "If your vehicle is damaged or stolen because you left it unlocked with the keys in it, it's your problem, not ours." My current coverage is piggybacked off SWMBO's auto policy. Haven't taken the time to see how it reads but I bet there's similar language in it.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB