Author Topic: NY AG Makes Big Gun Buyback Haul  (Read 493 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
NY AG Makes Big Gun Buyback Haul
« on: May 27, 2021, 08:09:54 PM »
She got "assault weapons" off the street!

My favorite part of the twitter replies was where when people called out the photos of the old timey guns, the anti-gunners piled on with "There are over 200 not pictured!!!!!". Seems to me if I were an antigun politician and I wanted to show my creds, any actual AR type rifles would be the ones displayed, versus 100 year old revolvers.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/27/new-york-attorney-general-letitia-james-posts-photos-of-gun-buyback-haul-including-20-assault-rifles-and-a-pellet-gun/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: NY AG Makes Big Gun Buyback Haul
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 09:32:34 PM »
I'm glad we were saved from another one of those back-half-of-shotgun and howdah pistol (?) mass murder sprees.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 12:30:12 PM »
It's merely a difference in definitions.  We think Assault Rifle means a compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power.  She thinks it means a gun that's scary because it doesn't look like the guns you see in westerns.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 01:06:16 PM »
I'm disappointed. Some years ago I saw a picture of one buy back that had a freaking automotive timing light as one of the deadly tools of war taken off of America's streets...

Been hoping to see that again, keep getting disappointed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 01:43:12 PM »
Typical of gun buybacks. Get rid of junk. The last buyback we had here I made a 2 pipe shotgun with a 2x4 stock the night before and got $50 for it. They show it at 0:46 seconds into the video:

https://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2016/12/05/police-call-gun-buyback-big-success/95010932/
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?