Author Topic: Good Rant on MSM and Big Tech  (Read 449 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Good Rant on MSM and Big Tech
« on: June 01, 2021, 10:06:19 AM »
Good rant by John Hayward on the MSM and big tech. I was especially drawn to his example of the Dan Rather scandal. I think he is 100% correct that if it happened today, big tech censorship would have made it disappear, at least to the point that any "alternative news" sources that talked about it would have been called crazies, just like those of us who saw the logic of the covid being a lab leak as a much higher probability than a random bat at an outdoor market.

I'm still unsure on if we will ever see some break from the censorship and manipulation that turns antifa into "an idea" while pushing 06JAN as our second civil war.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/01/john-haywards-thread-on-media-deliberately-ignoring-the-truth-about-antifa-blm-and-the-wuhan-lab-leak-and-big-tech-helping-a-damning-must-read/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
Re: Good Rant on MSM and Big Tech
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 12:06:35 PM »
Indeed, I was recently reflecting on how the Snowden revelations happened more or less before the era where truth-value of information was decided by the machine. I don't remember any controversy over whether it was ok to discuss or share information about the Snowden revelations, or any debate about whether it was misinformation and should or should not be allowed to propagate or be shared. If there was coordinated suppression in action then, it was still underground at a level where it wasn't obvious and could be plausibly denied. It was the election and pandemic that caused the machine to resort to heavier techniques that came to public visibility.

I Snowden had happened now, it would probably just be buried as a crazy conspiracy theory about some guy who supposedly leaked data "proving" the government is spying on everyone, only believed by backward fox-watching low-information white supremacist antivaxers.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine