Author Topic: US Embassies and "Pride Month"  (Read 588 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
US Embassies and "Pride Month"
« on: June 01, 2021, 12:53:42 PM »
I see that US Embassies, much like liberals in general, are doing the old flaunting of the rainbow flag in front of the Vatican, as they flaunt in in front of Christians and other "safe groups" in general. As a commenter mentioned, I'd like to see our embassies in the Middle East drape the flag in front of their buildings and see how that goes.

Also, I see they added a "+" to the whole lgbtfhdtqyz thing. I guess it does make it a little easier, though I expect that those lumped into "+" will soon start complaining about microaggressions.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/01/gonna-do-the-same-in-the-middle-east-us-embassy-to-the-holy-see-kicks-off-pride-month-by-trolling-the-vatican-photo/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: US Embassies and "Pride Month"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 02:24:53 PM »
Pope Frank probably thinks it great.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 05:17:37 PM »
No no, the + is the end of the whole thing. Because, in the spirit of openness and maximum tolerance and outreach, we can assume the + naturally includes traditional/heterosexual, straight and super-straight. Then, proudly flying the LGBT...+ flag, we campaign for equal rights, demand others recognize our sexual preferences and practices as legitimate and even praiseworthy, and then we agitate for funding, and the whole affair will have gone full-circle.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 04:20:11 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 10:29:23 PM »
I welcome one and all to join those of us observing Humility and Modesty Month.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 10:40:51 PM »
Call me when they have Wrath month, I've got a list.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 10:44:31 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 11:01:49 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qq6dQwLh1s

Ruffalo is a giant *Not nice word for gay men* personally (Hooray for pride month!), but I get your meaning.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.