Author Topic: CRT and 1619 Hit the Second Amendment  (Read 686 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
CRT and 1619 Hit the Second Amendment
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »
This critical race theory crap is some real bullshit. It was only a matter of time before they started hitting the Bill of Rights.

I eagerly await Colion Noir's response to this.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/02/cnn-features-scholars-fast-moving-new-book-that-claims-the-second-amendment-isnt-about-guns-but-anti-blackness/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: CRT and 1619 Hit the Second Amendment
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 10:26:58 PM »
It may not, after all, behoove them to throw us into that particular briar patch.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 09:13:51 AM »
This critical race theory crap is some real bullshit. It was only a matter of time before they started hitting the Bill of Rights.

I eagerly await Colion Noir's response to this.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/02/cnn-features-scholars-fast-moving-new-book-that-claims-the-second-amendment-isnt-about-guns-but-anti-blackness/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 09:59:10 PM »
The language of the amendment, Anderson says, was crafted to ensure that slave owners could quickly crush any rebellion or resistance from those whom they’d enslaved. And she says the right to bear arms, presumably guaranteed to all citizens, has been repeatedly denied to Black people.

You can't reason with people who see only what they want to see

‘And a narrative is born’: NPR talks to historian who’s uncovered the racist roots of the Second Amendment
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/03/and-a-narrative-is-born-npr-talks-to-historian-whos-uncovered-the-racist-roots-of-the-second-amendment/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 10:06:02 AM »
You can't reason with people who see only what they want to see

‘And a narrative is born’: NPR talks to historian who’s uncovered the racist roots of the Second Amendment
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/03/and-a-narrative-is-born-npr-talks-to-historian-whos-uncovered-the-racist-roots-of-the-second-amendment/
"NPR talks to historian who’s uncovered the racist roots of the Second Amendment anything I don't like."

I think that is more truthful.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 10:20:22 AM »
So are they recognizing that disarmament leaves people powerless and vulnerable? Or are they saying true racial equity is that everyone should be equally powerless and vulnerable.
Saw this comment that reflects what I was thinking when I read the quoted part.  The author seems to recognize that gun control has been used to disarm black people, but then wants more gun control. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 11:53:04 AM »
Saw this comment that reflects what I was thinking when I read the quoted part.  The author seems to recognize that gun control has been used to disarm black people, but then wants more gun control.

That's what is known as a "logical disconnect," and logical disconnects appear to be standard equipment for liberals communists.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design