Author Topic: A Few Shooting Stories from the Headlines  (Read 441 times)

MechAg94

• friend
A Few Shooting Stories from the Headlines
« on: June 02, 2021, 11:41:17 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPofDsmHsPd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
SeniorGunsngear posted this short video clip on Instagram.  News articles linked below.  I don't know if the woman panicked or not, but the young dog barely hits and street and she started shooting.  One round apparently bounced and hit her son who was riding a bike in the street. 

Texas Mother Accidentally Shot 5-Year-Old Son After Targeting and Missing a Neighbor’s Puppy: Police
https://lawandcrime.com/crime/texas-mother-accidentally-shot-5-year-old-son-after-targeting-and-missing-a-neighbors-puppy-police/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/mom-accidentally-shoots-5-year-old-son-while-trying-to-gun-down-stray-dog/ar-AAKDeKf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Utah:  Armed school employee stops man from kidnapping 11-year-old girl, police say
https://fox8.com/news/armed-school-employee-stops-person-from-kidnapping-11-year-old-girl-police-say/
Police say there’s no known connection between Cox-Berry and the child he was allegedly trying to take.
The school employee who produced the gun is a concealed firearm permit holder, and was lawfully in possession of the gun, police say.
This crazy "guns in school thing" will never work and will only result in blood in the ...uhm..hallways.    ;)
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-armed-school-worker-stops-attempted-kidnap-suspect-77944017

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
14-year-old girl who open fire at deputies referred to Grand Theft Auto: Sheriff
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/gma/12-old-boy-14-old-141400196.html
A 14-year-old girl is seriously hurt after she and a 12-year-old boy allegedly armed themselves with stolen guns and opened fire on Florida deputies, officials said.

The children, who reportedly ran away from a group home hours earlier, allegedly broke into an empty house Tuesday night, which the homeowner said was stocked with an AK-47, a handgun, a shotgun and a large amount of ammunition, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said.
This is an odd one.  I got the impression from skimming the article that the deputies were making every effort not to kill the kids. 
Also, why would someone stash guns and ammo in an empty house and not hide them very well or use a decent safe?  There could be more to that question than the article is saying.  At least the article didn't mention anyone pressing charges on the homeowner which could happen in some states.

Each of the stories was interesting to see, but maybe not worth talking too much about.  If you see any other stories, please add them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: A Few Shooting Stories from the Headlines
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 11:49:54 PM »
From back to front...

I'm guessing the house was empty because the resident was at work? And... I'm sitting right next to at least 10,000 rounds of ammo...

GTA: St. Louis is very popular here... Had a customer in today looking for a bulb for her car: "It's my gangster car, but I'm not from here - I'm from the country." Red Dodge Charger with a 5.7.

I think that the school cops have pretty much given up here.

I have a neighbor who has a pit that is about a year old, and the damn thing is the reason why I carry the .45 if I do ANYTHING in the back yard or my garage...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 09:23:29 AM »
That is a fair point about the ammo and why the house was empty.  I may or may not have a home defense AK in a location where I could get to it.  The article made it sound like the home was completely empty with just a few guns. 

Funny thing is the only dog I have had a confrontation with lately was a little Chihuahua mix that kept getting out of someone's yard down the street.  I don't think it bit anyone, but it liked to sneak up behind people like it was going to.  I heard animal control people got it a couple times and the family did not claim it a 2nd time.  I guess the main thing for using a gun against a dog is to be sure of the threat and be sure of your target and what is beyond it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 07:47:21 AM »

GTA: St. Louis is very popular here... Had a customer in today looking for a bulb for her car: "It's my gangster car, but I'm not from here - I'm from the country." Red Dodge Charger with a 5.7.

Very intriguing, but I only understand about 1/3 of what is going on in that sentence. Please elaborate. Pretty please?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 09:05:37 AM »
Very intriguing, but I only understand about 1/3 of what is going on in that sentence. Please elaborate. Pretty please?

I'm wondering where she is finding ammo for the 5.7!  :rofl:
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 04:45:31 PM »
I have a neighbor who has a pit that is about a year old, and the damn thing is the reason why I carry the .45 if I do ANYTHING in the back yard or my garage...

About 30 years ago, a next-door neighbor of mine had as many as 18 dogs and cats in a 12' x60 mobile home.  She trapped strays and brought them home.  One time, she brought in what we thought was pregnant pit but it turned out to be a male with a belly full of parasites !  She would release these dogs into the fenced yard and this pit would charge the fence whenever it saw anybody.  Fortunately, it always hit the top rail of the fence with its front legs down.  If it had ever had its legs up, its weight and momentum would have taken it over the fence.
That's why I kept a 4-tine pitchfork with freshly sharpened tines handy.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”