Author Topic: Oh, NO! (Vatican edition)  (Read 604 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Oh, NO! (Vatican edition)
« on: June 03, 2021, 12:30:43 PM »
The Pope has just decided that Roman Catholics should follow Roman Catholic teaching -- or get out.

https://taylormarshall.com/2021/06/691-pope-francis-excommunicates-women-priests-deacons-bishops-attempt-ordain-podcast.html

Now, what about Biden and Pelosi?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Oh, NO! (Vatican edition)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 12:59:22 PM »

Now, what about Biden and Pelosi?

It's a "Living" Roman Catholic Doctrine
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 01:01:02 PM »
I am a bit shocked at that decision.  I would have thought he would go with the popular view of the left and bless that sort of thing.  Perhaps it isn't so popular outside the US and Britain.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
Perhaps it isn't so popular outside the US and Britain.

I think that might be it. The Pope is a commie, but he doesn't just serve the US. I can tell you that most of the kraut catholics are very conservative, and I think that goes for much of Europe. The same for South of our border. He might be getting afraid of being tarred and feathered for serving a vocal minority in one country.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 02:29:49 PM »
Wimmin priestesses, and priestly celibacy, are things they're extremely resistant to changing.

G00gle up "lavender mafia".  It's a "boys club".
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 10:32:33 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 03:28:45 PM »
I think that might be it. The Pope is a commie, but he doesn't just serve the US. I can tell you that most of the kraut catholics are very conservative, and I think that goes for much of Europe. The same for South of our border. He might be getting afraid of being tarred and feathered for serving a vocal minority in one country.

Not just south of our border, but the Global South in general is more socially conservative reality based.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife