Author Topic: NFL says it will halt the use of "race-norming" for brain injury claims  (Read 442 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
The NFL has been using "race-norming" which assumed Black players started our with lower cognitive functioning.  So who is the racist?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/03/apparently-the-nfl-has-been-very-busy-engaging-in-hands-down-the-single-most-egregious-case-of-institutional-racism-in-the-21st-century/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
Yes, there is systemic racism.

This is literally "systemic racism".  Similar to what we have seen in various areas of the left.  The assumption that different races are superior or inferior and actions based on that.  Another case of the left blaming everyone else for what they themselves were doing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
It says they are coming up with new "norms" to use going forward.  I am shocked that the NFL isn't just doing individual cognitive testing on yearly basis to map TBI and Cognitive issues.  Then they wouldn't have to worry about biased norms. It's not that many people in the grand scheme of things.  The DOD does before tests on every service member deploying and will do another test if anything even remotely concussive happens. I guess I can kind of understand racial norming in the 90's (that was the norm then, after all) but there's no excuse for any kind of norming now, and going forward.

As a side note, between stuff like this, the criminality, the rampant sexual assault and harassment issues, the documented health issues (and shady medical practices to keep players playing), and the corruption of the owners and league I kinda question the morality of people that still watch football.  At some point you own a little responsibility for the things you support.