Author Topic: Amazon delivery driver filmed beating 67-year-old woman...  (Read 496 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Amazon delivery driver filmed beating 67-year-old woman...
« on: June 08, 2021, 11:06:01 AM »
Amazon delivery driver filmed beating 67-year-old woman after dispute over delayed package
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/amazon-driver-attack-california-arrest-b1860554.html

An Amazon delivery driver has been arrested after being caught on camera reportedly punching a 67-year-old woman 10 times at her home near San Francisco, breaking her nose.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/amazon-driver-arrested-after-alleged-assault-california-woma/5XLEPMSHKVE4NDQNMG5654SOGE/

The video of this was making the rounds yesterday.  No excuse for getting violent.  The video doesn't seem to show the argument from the start. 

On the other hand, if you have a problem, I don't know what complaining to the drive will accomplish, but I am not sure what they said to each other.   

https://nypost.com/2021/06/05/amazon-driver-attacks-67-year-old-woman-in-delivery-dispute/

He said the fight began when the victim received an alert that an Amazon package she had been waiting for had arrived. But there was no package when she went to the lobby to find it.

The woman questioned Ramirez, standing in the lobby, about the package, when the verbal exchange quickly escalated into violent confrontation.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Amazon delivery driver filmed beating 67-year-old woman...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 12:14:05 PM »
I heard she just walked up to him and said, "You've got a little package, don't you?"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »
The driver escalated it by asserting that it was because of white privilege that she expected a package when it was marked delivered. Beatee had a catchy retort.

This is common, did it ten years ago and was pretty far up the food chain on the phone with various managers at UPS as to why my red label package said delivered for three hours. I was still on the phone with one insisting it was delivered when I got to ask them if that was the case why was I watching their vehicle enter my driveway 3/4 of a mile away. The drivers want their delivery metrics to look good so they scan things delivered before they get there.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 01:12:25 PM »
I heard she just walked up to him and said, "You've got a little package, don't you?"

You're trying to make a Dad joke, I know, but the driver is female.

My experience from working at bars is that, stereotypes aside, young females are more likely to go hands on then young males because they are much more likely to have no real consequences to physical violence.  Some, like this driver, face legal trouble,  but mostly they just get told to stop.  Also, if a female attacks a male odds are good they won't even fight back.

Some urban subcultures are even more likely to throw hands.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 02:22:49 PM »
Here is a take on the event tying it into CRT.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/06/the_amazon_drivers_attack_on_an_older_woman_is_an_important_warning.html

I am hoping the victim has retained the services of a shyster lawyer who will not only ensure the perp can never afford anything nice but also goes after the parent company. Seems like Amazon's love everyone equally training may not be working as well as they wish.

bob

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 03:41:22 PM »
This is just another example of the dangers of vilifying people on the basis of race.

It never works out well and it will work out especially badly for a minority that vilifies the majority in such a way....
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought