Author Topic: SWATing Conviction  (Read 685 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
SWATing Conviction
« on: June 09, 2021, 01:00:33 PM »
Women calls 911 and lies about her neighbors.
Cops engage in corrupt acts and people die.
Heads need to roll all the way up and down the chain of command.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/911-calls-resulting-in-multiple-deaths
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: SWATing Conviction
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 01:08:51 PM »
Good. Personally I think something like this deserves the death penalty. At the very least, life without parole. No sympathy for this level of terminal stupidity.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 01:23:50 PM »
She should have been convicted of second degree murder. Cops that lied under oath need a harsher sentence too.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 01:33:46 PM »
Glad to see repercussions here, both for the false reporter and for the overzealous cops.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 01:44:07 PM »
Two people dead, 40 months isn't nearly enough. 40 years would be a good start.

bob

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »
Assuming things are as reported, as evil as her actions were I put the vast majority of the responsibility on the police for this one.  If convicted, I hope the corrupt cops get way more time than she did.

There was nothing the article describes she alleged which would have impelled reasonable police to respond immediately with a SWAT team.  Had she reported an active shooter or kidnapping in progress or something that requires an urgent police response without prior investigation then that would be one thing, but in this case the cops bear the lion's share of blame for the outcome because of the shoddy and likely reportedly falsified investigation.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 02:53:07 PM »
"Prosecutors say Garcia was under the influence of drugs and alcohol when she made the three 911 calls on Jan. 8, 2019 to get back at Tuttle and Nicholas over a longstanding feud."

She should be sueing the alcohol manufacturers and the drug suppliers on product liability grounds.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 03:25:03 PM »
According to the article 20 days elapsed between her false 911 call and the raid that killed the homeowners.

That is more than enough time for the cops to figure out the daughter in the calls didn't exist, and the whole thing is a hoax.  I'm good with 40 months for this lady because she faked a 911 call, and tried to get her neighbors SWATed. The blame for the actual raid, IMNSHO, rests solely on the cops, and I hope they go down for murder.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2021, 03:27:56 PM »
The blame for the actual raid, IMNSHO, rests solely on the cops, and I hope they go down for murder.

They won't.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2021, 05:06:18 PM »
According to the article 20 days elapsed between her false 911 call and the raid that killed the homeowners.

That is more than enough time for the cops to figure out the daughter in the calls didn't exist, and the whole thing is a hoax.  I'm good with 40 months for this lady because she faked a 911 call, and tried to get her neighbors SWATed. The blame for the actual raid, IMNSHO, rests solely on the cops, and I hope they go down for murder.
Considering the cops investigating got an informant to lie saying he had bought drugs there, I agree.  All the cops involved should have been fired since I bet they were issued body cameras, but weren't using them that night.  They also initially lied and said the homeowners had guns and shot at them.  To my knowledge, no one ever admitted that the cops fired on each other across the house. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2021, 05:06:45 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I hadn't looked to see if there were updates in a while. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 08:04:42 PM »
I'm thinking it is easy to guess the race of the homeowners due to lack of media outrage?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 08:34:13 PM »
I'm thinking it is easy to guess the race of the homeowners due to lack of media outrage?

The last name gives it away
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 08:54:05 PM »
The last name gives it away

It's not really a problem when it happens to THOSE people.

That White privilege really worked out for em'  =|
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 09:39:39 PM »
dogmush said,

"The blame for the actual raid, IMNSHO, rests solely on the cops, and I hope they go down for murder."

For the discouragement of others.

Seemed like fun at the time.

I also discovered one of my eyebrows going up over the too-compliant judge who signed the order.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 10:52:51 PM »

Perhaps, but it was a pretty big story shortly after it happened.  That may be because a couple officers were hurt and the Police Union Rep went public with an angry statement defending the officers (before the lying and criminal conduct was uncovered). 

I don't know if this conviction was talked about this week.  I rarely watch TV news, local or not.  I think this is the first time I heard many details about the person who made the initial 911 complaint. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 08:58:17 AM by MechAg94 »

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 11:03:07 PM »
I had someone from the local neighborhood FB page threaten me with SWATting...

"Cool - when you talk to the police, remind them that we can do a 10% discount for first responders."
Blog under construction