Author Topic: Raucous New York Islanders Fans Sing The National Anthem  (Read 413 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Raucous New York Islanders Fans Sing The National Anthem
« on: June 11, 2021, 12:12:10 PM »
https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch-raucous-new-york-islanders-fans-sing-the-national-anthem

Nicole Raviv sang the National Anthem before New York’s 6-2 series-clinching victory over the Boston Bruins. As she started to sing the anthem, the Islanders crowd can noticeably be heard singing along. Raviv — ever aware of the moment — let the American patriots take it from there.

The video is posted in the link.  It was pretty good to see.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
Re: Raucous New York Islanders Fans Sing The National Anthem
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »
We had season tickets to our local Detroit Red Wing top feeder team, the Grand Rapids Griffins, since 1996.  The fans sing along with the Anthem at every home game.  Nothing new here in W. Michigan.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 01:59:32 PM »
Nice story.

And I remember the Griffins, KC Blades season ticket holder when I still worked down the street from the arena.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 06:55:05 PM »
Dammit, I had just put my eyedrops in.  Now I have to do it all over again.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 08:16:36 AM »
Can't wait for the hysterical panic monkey screed in the Times decrying this white supremacist moment led by a nefarious white zionist Israeli Jew*

*Nicole Raviv's Dad is Moroccan who emigrated to Israel. No clue what religion he, or she, is. Very likely, because of the Moroccan association, she qualifies as a "person of color," IF you're to believe the left...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »
My experience in NYC and with NYC dwellers in the military is that many of them we might identify as liberal but they have a very strong sense of patriotism. Maybe not politically nuanced but very strong.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 11:24:13 AM »
Can't wait for the hysterical panic monkey screed in the Times decrying this white supremacist moment led by a nefarious white zionist Israeli Jew*

As far as sports are concerned, the press has generally been anti-American for decades. I remember when the underdog USA hockey team beat the Soviets in - what - 1980? The fans were enthusiastically chanting "USA! USA!" and some in the press didn't like it, saying it was "unsportsmanlike" and even "jingoistic" to cheer and show support for your own country's team.  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain