Author Topic: So, I have a Red Hat...  (Read 499 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
So, I have a Red Hat...
« on: June 12, 2021, 02:45:41 AM »
One of my elves a couple of Christmases ago gave it to me.

It has words on the front: "Make Christmas Great Again."

It is amazing the number of people who look at it it, and who then appear to have to physically pause and decide about it.

In other concepts, before I got tossed from Facebook, I had an open challenge with a few folks from local neighborhood groups: Meet me at one end of a 8-10 block "entertainment zone" street, put on a MAGA hat along with me, and walk with me to the other end of the district.

NONE of them would take me up on it. Mostly because "I wouldn't wear that hat." Sure. Of course, they claim that "their people" are not the violent type. Sure.

I don't own a MAGA hat, but I would have bought a couple just for that. And had someone along to provide video coverage. Because that area is adjacent to a rather pricey university.
Blog under construction

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: So, I have a Red Hat...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 01:43:16 PM »
I have a red "Floor Warden" cap which I never wore outside of work, but now I won't wear it under any circumstances whatsoever.

I wore a Hawaiian shirt last summer (one of my favorites, I have 3 or 4 of them --great for concealment purposes) and somebody at the supermarket complimented me on it out of the clear blue sky.  I mentioned that I'd been to Hawaii and got it there, and that was the end of it.

I later found out that's one of the "badges" of a  "Boogaloo" group.

So much for red hats and Hawaiian shirts.

What the hell is next?

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 01:01:48 AM »
I tend to think of it as "hunting over bait."

Went to a new pub in the neighborhood. The cook seemed to like the Make Christmas Great Again hat. Nobody else said anything. Works for me.

One pub that is actually closer did NOT like that hat... I won't be back.
Blog under construction

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 10:00:50 PM »
I wear Hawaiian shirts almost every day during the warm months.  I also have 2 red ball caps that I wear a lot as well.  One has a logo of a local bar/famous chili dog place and the 2nd is one that says Air Force One  Presidential Crew and the Presidential emblem on the front.  I haven't notice anyone giving me the once over.

A few years ago a guy in KW wanted to know the story behind the cap and I just told him that if I told him, I'd have to kill him.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 11:01:48 PM »
I know the guy whose family used to run the presidential yacht... Pretty cool fellow.

Right now, in my hipster neighborhood, there are a LOT of masked avengers still running around glaring at people. I can't wait for one of them to tell me that I should do it to show that I care.

I don't.
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 11:13:13 PM »
Tell 'em you're not a superhero.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 01:35:48 AM »
Frankly, wearing a speedo on the outside of one's trousers likely wouldn't get more than a second glance around here.

My new store is closer to  home. At the old store, if I saw Hot Topic hair, I pretty much assumed tweaker. Now I have to also assume "woke with bad fashion sense."
Blog under construction

230RN

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 08:36:41 AM »
Bogie wisecracked,

"I regard it as hunting over bait."

Good one.  LOLz

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 02:29:24 PM »
 >:D Not a "red hat" but I have several T-shirts imprinted at a local shop with "Gun Free Zones Are KILLING ZONES" on the back.  Over the last 8 years that I have been wearing them at various stores, nobody has made any negative comments.  But I have gotten some compliments on them.

That may be because this is "Southern" IL-ANNOY.
  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 05:38:28 PM »
I have a sign on my wall which says,

These Premises
   Protected by
John M. Browning
Security Services

est. 1911