Author Topic: Who wants to watch 23 minutes of ballistic tests for wheellock pistols?  (Read 480 times)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
You do.

That is if you might possibly be interested in a very thorough set of ballistic tests covering three types of ammunition.

Also includes instructionals on how to make ammo. 
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
He might get more views if his wheel-locks were chambered in .300 Ham'r, and suppressed. And don't forget the Punisher logos.

Can he use a brace with those?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
Can he use a brace with those?

Yes, at one point I believe he was wearing suspenders.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Double post.  Sorry
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:29:57 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I've always been fascinated with wheelocks. I've held one, but never fired one. That pair is absolutely gorgeous.

Always thought it would be cool as hell to have a wheelock rifle.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
When I smoked and had a machine shop, every once in a while  I'd toy with the idea of making a small entertainment wheelock out of the BIC cigarette lighter I always had in my pocket.

Twenty-five, maybe thirty bore, maybe 10-12" barrel seemed like the right scaling to the size of the BIC spark wheel.  The thing would have been to design / build the lockwork, then assemble a gun around it.

Never a burning desire, just one of those things that popped into my head every once in a while.  I did go so far as to take a BIC apart, but I found the spark wheel turned freely on an axis (driven by one's thumb), and I couldn't figure out how to rig a simple and durable spring-driving arrangement to aggressively spin it.

I'm sure I could have jinned up a way to do it or figured out an alternate scheme if I were assigned the task by a greedy whip-wielding profit-driven uncaring corporate overlord, but the personal desire kept approaching zero but never reached it as time went by. 

So now there's this thread, and I don't have a machine shop any more, nor do I smoke.

Terry

REF:

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
You do.

That is if you might possibly be interested in a very thorough set of ballistic tests covering three types of ammunition.

Also includes instructionals on how to make ammo.

Ah, the capandball channel.  Been a while since I watched any of his stuff.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.