Author Topic: California Bailing Out Its Pot Industry  (Read 573 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
California Bailing Out Its Pot Industry
« on: June 16, 2021, 09:14:50 AM »
Only in CA could pot growers get a state bailout. CA should look to the North. The Oregon pot industry is making money hand over fist, as is Oregon, via taxes. Of course Oregon doesn't have the bajillion regulations that would cause industries to fail.

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2021/06/16/california-just-cannot-deal-the-state-burned-how-much-to-bale-out-the-marijuana-industry/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: California Bailing Out Its Pot Industry
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 09:19:21 AM »
You know what their solution will be, more taxes, more regulations.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 09:45:19 AM »
You know what their solution will be, more taxes, more regulations.

While not a fan of current Oregon politics, OR vs CA is like Republican vs Democrat tax philosophy. OR kept their taxes on the industry lower and it amazes me every time I read about how much OR state and local govt is taking in on taxes. CA "taxed the rich", expecting the pot industry to take in lots of money and be a "1%" that they could rape tax-wise, and the legal industry there is failing, with the black market apparently as strong or stronger than ever.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 09:46:23 AM »
Need to go after the pot industry for how green it isn’t. Tons of fuel and water use in green commiefornia. Just  [popcorn] for lefty v. lefty.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 10:32:00 AM »
The Medical marijuana industry in Oklahoma seems to be picking up speed in a hurry.
Just in my county I've noticed at least 6-7 sizable grow operations starting up just in the Northern corner of my county. This spring seems to have been particularly fertile for grow houses.
Don't know about the state level regs involved but I think I'll stick to growing 'maters in my grow house.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2021, 06:17:44 PM »
If I were a dope head in Kalifornia (or elsewhere pot was legal) I'd be growing my own tax-free weed for personal use.

At least until I got too brain-burned to water and harvest the crop.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 01:46:54 PM »
The 21st Century isn't turning out like I had hoped.   ;/

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 05:07:15 PM »
 >:D Would it be fair to say that the CA pot "industry" is "going up in smoke"??  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 06:37:01 PM »
The Cannabisians have penetrated the polity and have secured a firm and active grasp upon the teats of the Cash Cow!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.