Author Topic: Texas is the 21st Constitutional Carry State.  (Read 1141 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Texas is the 21st Constitutional Carry State.
« on: June 16, 2021, 07:31:06 PM »
BREAKING: Texas Governor Greg Abbott just signed Constitutional Carry into law making Texas the 21st state to adopt this pro-gun legislation!
Huge thank-you to Texas Gun Rights members and supporters for keeping the pressure on their legislators. Get involved in the fight for Constitutional Carry in your state at NationalGunRights.org/join

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Texas is the 21st Constitutional Carry State.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 10:07:51 PM »
I was happy to finally see them do it.  I heard there is supposed to be some sort of event to tomorrow where they sign some other bills as well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 10:20:42 PM »
Welcome to the club!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 10:47:03 PM »
They did that just to keep the Californians from moving in, didn't they?  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 12:11:12 AM »
Is that just for Texas residents, or visitors too?  (I'm a native Texan and visit there frequently, but currently not a resident)
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 09:08:13 PM »

That is a nice suit. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 09:09:50 PM »
Rachel Malone on the right is the GOA Texas Rep.  I didn't know the other, but she is with GOA also I believe.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 09:15:51 PM »
Guns and Gadgets had this video out today.  Nice to see politicians talking about supporting the 2nd amendment even if it might be forced for some.
https://youtu.be/ZstMF9_xgpc

Sucks that the NRA was inserting themselves.  The Texas State Rifle Association is an affiliate, but they could at least let them sit up front instead of LaPierre hogging things.  I doubt he did anything himself. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 12:55:10 AM »
Rachel Malone on the right is the GOA Texas Rep.  I didn't know the other, but she is with GOA also I believe.

You mean you can advance the RKBA without plate carriers? Or expensive suits?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 07:13:35 AM »
Guns and Gadgets had this video out today.  Nice to see politicians talking about supporting the 2nd amendment even if it might be forced for some.
https://youtu.be/ZstMF9_xgpc

Sucks that the NRA was inserting themselves.  The Texas State Rifle Association is an affiliate, but they could at least let them sit up front instead of LaPierre hogging things. I doubt he did anything himself.

Bought a new suit for the photo op
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:55:24 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 07:32:43 AM »
Is that just for Texas residents, or visitors too?  (I'm a native Texan and visit there frequently, but currently not a resident)

It looks like the law applies to everyone, residents and non-residents alike, but I haven't found a definitive answer.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 10:43:49 AM »
For anyone, like me, who wasn't familiar with all 7 pro-gun bills that were just signed.

Wild West Pimp Style 'bout to go live, y'all.

https://youtu.be/Jm8FtbXzL6k

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 10:45:54 AM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »

Wild West Pimp Style 'bout to go live, y'all.

https://youtu.be/Jm8FtbXzL6k

Cool! So in Texas now the pimps be gwana brang da girls 'round to da convenience stores to show 'em off?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2021, 12:35:44 PM »

From the numbers that The Gun Collective has been talking about, 2021 might exceed 2020 unless the market drops off. 

IMO, the AR market demand seems to be dropping, or at least people aren't paying excessive prices. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 12:37:18 PM »
It looks like the law applies to everyone, residents and non-residents alike, but I haven't found a definitive answer.
US Law Shield has a bunch of seminars scheduled to talk about that but they are not free.  The only one near me is a month away.  Not sure if you can dial in to one. 

I am sure some free information will be out there before long.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 10:42:32 PM »
Terri and I are SERIOUSLY considering moving to the Fort Worth area. Good VA Hospital, a few friends there, the family we have here we only see if we initiate the visit and go to them, we see the friends we have here less and less these days, so why not? Better laws, better services available to us, not seeing much of a down side.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 10:24:36 AM »
Texas is a good state.  I liked living there.  It could use more trees though.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 11:15:35 AM »
Terri and I are SERIOUSLY considering moving to the Fort Worth area. Good VA Hospital, a few friends there, the family we have here we only see if we initiate the visit and go to them, we see the friends we have here less and less these days, so why not? Better laws, better services available to us, not seeing much of a down side.

Might take a look at Lubbock. We have a brand new (as in opened last month) VA hospital here in Lubbock. Doesn't hurt that Bernie Mittemeyer lives here (former Surgeon General of the Army). He tends to get a bit unwound if the VA isn't doing their job and still has the clout/connections to make things happen. Super nice guy, too. He's friends with SWMBO's family and I get to see him every so often. Tons of stories and loves to talk.

Lubbock and the surrounding area isn't so crowded as DFW. Much easier to get around. Slightly lower COL than the metroplex area. Generally nice folks, too. A bit hotter on average than DFW, but wayyy lower humidity.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 03:42:27 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2021, 03:12:27 PM »
I wasn't aware that as part of all this, Texas "legalized" silencers as non-NFA items. Idaho was looking at doing similar a few years back, but chose not to for the reasons outlined here. If state cops can't arrest federal cops who come to arrest you, this kind of state law does no good.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/06/22/2a-expert-stephen-gutowski-explains-the-real-danger-of-the-new-texas-silence-law/
https://thereload.com/analysis-the-real-danger-of-the-new-texas-silencer-law/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2021, 03:46:25 PM »
I wasn't aware that as part of all this, Texas "legalized" silencers as non-NFA items. Idaho was looking at doing similar a few years back, but chose not to for the reasons outlined here. If state cops can't arrest federal cops who come to arrest you, this kind of state law does no good.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/06/22/2a-expert-stephen-gutowski-explains-the-real-danger-of-the-new-texas-silence-law/
https://thereload.com/analysis-the-real-danger-of-the-new-texas-silencer-law/
They also passed a law with penalties for state LEO's and officials who assist Federal LEO's in enforcing gun control laws more stringent than state law.  Have the Silencer law makes sure it will covered by that.

I was not intending to go out and buy a silencer.  I guess some people will believe that, but I figured it would have to be settled in court anyway.  Maybe if enough states pass a similar law, it will get the attention of the SC.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2021, 06:31:38 PM »
  I guess some people will believe that, but I figured it would have to be settled in court anyway.  Maybe if enough states pass a similar law, it will get the attention of the SC.

The SC is ignoring all of the legalized marijuana states, so far.  I wonder if that means the SC will ignore legalized guns/silencers/etc. in the free states.  I sure hope so.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2021, 06:33:06 PM »
The SC is ignoring all of the legalized marijuana states, so far.  I wonder if that means the SC will ignore legalized guns/silencers/etc. in the free states.  I sure hope so.

This is a good point. That said, I still don't want to be the test case. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2021, 08:36:09 PM »

It doesn't matter if the Supreme Court is ignoring the "legal" marijuana cases / states. The SCOTUS already ruled on that (Gonzales v. Raich) in 2005. So by "ignoring" new cases, they are simply sending the message that they aren't interested in overturning a settled precedent.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design