Author Topic: 17 yr old girl versus bear to save her doggies  (Read 385 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
17 yr old girl versus bear to save her doggies
« on: June 17, 2021, 02:50:09 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-4Xz5yyAis

overwhelming cuteness ( imo ) John C disagrees
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: 17 yr old girl versus bear to save her doggies
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 08:48:55 AM »
Pretty risky, but she didn't shy away from protecting her dogs.

One of the comments said that everyone was in protection mode.  The bear was protecting her cubs, the dogs were protecting their home, and the girl was protecting her dogs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 09:32:44 AM »
Well, she get A+ for bravery and F- for intelligence.  That was dumb

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 10:35:00 AM »
She has more balls than I do!  The best that can be said for her strategy (and it's being generous to call it a strategy) is that it worked.  I have a feeling that it would have come out differently if all parties involved hadn't wanted to disengage.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 11:24:00 AM »
It might have been different if the cubs had dropped off onto the patio instead of taking off behind the mama bear.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 03:58:34 PM »
The one difference between what she did and what I would have done in a similar situation is that I would have some type of weapon in my hands.  This could have been nothing more than a broom or its handle - anything to keep distance between the bear and me.  I have no desire to injure this bear.  I just would teach her that she was in the wrong place and to keep moving.  Except for the fact that was in CA, some firecrackers thrown near the bear might do the trick without getting too close.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”