Author Topic: What I Dislike About USA After 6 Years Living Abroad  (Read 415 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
What I Dislike About USA After 6 Years Living Abroad
« on: June 17, 2021, 09:20:53 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBwVy3-g4KM

I agree with most of his points.  Very interesting.  Check out more of the videos on his channel.

ETA:  What I love about USA after 6 year living abroad
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 10:06:04 AM by TechMan »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: What I Dislike About USA After 6 Years Living Abroad
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 03:13:22 PM »
Interesting.  I like the positives.  I largely agree with the negatives with the caveat that I think a lot of it is constant media and political manipulation with far too many people going along with the perceived crowd with little thought given to it. 

I perceive it as largely to blame on leftist political activism, but others might see it differently.  He said we were getting gamed by politicians and media.  I agree with that. 

I think some of the empathy for the poor/homeless he touched on (there actually is a lot IMO) is due to the expansive govt handout programs so everyone assumes that anyone poor is getting govt money.  Add in that it isn't that hard to make a living if someone actually puts in some effort (if you don't let your vices get the best of you).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 03:21:27 PM »
Thinking about it more:  I figure the same stuff happens in other countries all the time, but it is not so obvious because of free speech restrictions and state run media. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 07:39:20 AM »
Thinking about it more:  I figure the same stuff happens in other countries all the time, but it is not so obvious because of free speech restrictions and state run media.

I agree with you on that.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.