Author Topic: Missouri SAPA  (Read 507 times)

Jim147

• friends
Missouri SAPA
« on: June 17, 2021, 11:27:00 PM »
Missouri decided to do away with federal gun laws for legal citizens. The DOJ got in a knot.

Missouri replied.

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2021/06/17/missouri-fires-back-at-doj-over-second-amendment-preservation-act-doesnt-blink-n398380

They better stand strong. I'm getting too old to remember what I have that is legal and what is not.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Missouri SAPA
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 01:12:34 PM »
I hope other states follow suit.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 01:33:58 PM »
I'm glad to see they are using "sanctuary city" in their reply. Makes the DOJ do some splainin' regarding the reversal of Trump's sanctuary city stuff.

While I like to see this stuff, I don't believe it will do any real good unless, when the ATF comes to my gun club to arrest me for my AR pistol, that I can call 911 and have the sheriff or state police come out and arrest the ATF agents instead.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 01:37:17 PM »
While I like to see this stuff, I don't believe it will do any real good unless, when the ATF comes to my gun club to arrest me for my AR pistol, that I can call 911 and have the sheriff or state police come out and arrest the ATF agents instead.
I think the law just provides for penalties if state LE enforces the Federal law.  If there is a compatible state law the local LE can arrest you under that and I don't think they are planning on stopping the Feds from enforcing what they want to.