Author Topic: Amsec 4HR6 Lock Won't Open - Relocks Immediately After Unlocking  (Read 372 times)

brianGHR

Please help if you can... I have an Amsec 4HR6. The keypad code starts with a #, then 6 digits and ends with a C. I have been opening this safe for a couple of years with no issues, until just this week. I also put in a new 9v battery, but it didn't change anything. Normally after I enter the code, there is a single click and then I turn the door handle and it opens. However, recently this issue started where after I enter the code, I hear a click and then about 1 second after, there is a 2nd click and the safe won't open. After messing with it for awhile, I figured out that if I can quickly get to the handle and turn it in between the 1st and 2nd clicks, it will still open. But if I can't get to it to open it before that 2nd click, it relocks and I have to keep trying. Thank you to anyone who can offer some helpful advice or solution.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 05:25:32 PM by brianGHR »

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Amsec 4HR6 Lock Won't Open - Relocks Immediately After Unlocking
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 06:05:39 PM »
Was the new battery from the same package as the old battery? I'd try a different one.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 08:09:14 PM »
I had some old CR123 batteries for a flashlight.  I got to the point of trying to send the light back for repair before realizing the batteries were old. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 10:27:09 PM »
Another vote for swapping in a fresh battery, preferably bought new. It can't hurt and might just solve the problem.

Also, welcome to APS.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 10:37:06 PM »
Hope you get it sorted out.  This is just more confirmation bias towards my dislike for electronic locks.

Also,  Welcome aboard,  stay a spell!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2021, 10:39:56 PM »
I can't find your model safe with a quick search. I would look for a door switch first. If that didn't work I would call 951-685-9680.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 12:44:27 AM »
This is just more confirmation bias towards my dislike for electronic locks.

Motion seconded!

Brian, do you have a battery tester? If so, test your battery(ies) to be sure it/they is/are putting out the rated voltage.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design