Author Topic: Rise of the Moors  (Read 2260 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Rise of the Moors
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 11:20:42 AM »
I thought it interesting to see the outcry during the initial reports, since the MSM didn't identify them the way they do if the groups are white. The social media was full of "white supremacist militia" reports until later in the day, when the group's identity started leaking and everyone had to backpedal and delete.

Also interesting was that one of the group's spokesmen was adamant that they were not "sovereign citizens". Seems like half the group was identified as "from the Bronx", but they were hanging around MA.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »
Hitting a pay/login wall but if this is what I think it is they're not new, during the the 60s and 70s various Black nationialist/sovereign groups were quite active. They largely faded, or stopped being front page news, during the 80s and early 90s but seem to have gained a huge boost lately with the dems finding them to be useful in stirring up trouble and pushing left wing causes. BLM and Black Hammer anyone?  Seem like someone at the NYT has rediscovered them.
Of course the MSM/dem narrative will be whenever theses group cause trouble, whatever the MSM can't bury, it will be only be because of white privilege/ supremacy.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 12:14:01 PM »
Back in the nineties, we had a group called the Moorish Temple here in St. Louis. LOTS of drug dealing. They would all change their names, etc... Stuff like Samuel El Bey, and so on...
Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 11:57:42 PM »
an acquaintance became one. its a drag.
I've seen them around for yrs now- they are  always abundant in big blue cities
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 12:15:04 AM »
Our local shithead group is a chapter of the Black Hebrew Israelites. They like to try and pick fights by bowing up on people walking down the sidewalk near whatever prominent public area they pick to street preach on.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »
If these dumb-dumbs had just locked their weapons in the trunk then they would have made it to Maine without a problem.  I can't even imagine the stupidity of thinking that Massachusetts, of all places, would be okay with open carry of rifles and not result in every cop in a 15-mile radius descending on them.  And if they were trying to provoke a response, why didn't they start shooting?

I can only guess that they had some sort of fantasy of gunning it out with the cops, and folded like a cheap patio chair when faced with reality.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »
Evidently they ran out of gas on their way to training.

Kind of annoying; Ammo costing what it does nowadays, forgoing a single magazine and putting that into gas money instead could have staved off this entire debacle.

Not really impressed with the foresight of this group's leadership.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 08:37:17 PM »
Evidently they ran out of gas on their way to training.

Kind of annoying; Ammo costing what it does nowadays, forgoing a single magazine and putting that into gas money instead could have staved off this entire debacle.

Not really impressed with the foresight of this group's leadership.

That's not quite what happened. They brought enough gas in Jerry cans so they wouldn't have to stop at a gas station en route.

Devonai is right, all they would have had to do was be discreet about it.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2021, 08:13:29 PM »
I saw some video of these guys in court.  They are nuttier than a wood chipper full of squirrels.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 08:54:02 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 08:59:14 AM »
Well we all know how the Spanish took care of their little Moorish problem
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 11:04:34 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 09:01:15 AM »
I wonder how many Feds they have among their membership?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 09:54:50 AM »
From the article Millcreek posted:

People who claim to be Moorish sovereign citizens believe they are bound mainly by maritime law, not the law of the places where they live, said Mellie Ligon, a lawyer and author of a study of their impact on the judicial system in the Emory International Law Review.

Ok.  Seems reasonable.  We should accept this claim when dealing with them in our homes.  Maritime Law has some rather interesting remedies for piracy.  And since the laws of the US don't apply to them, I'm sure they'll be OK with not involving the US .gov in our little piracy issue.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 10:31:50 AM »
Maritime law! Be at court at eight bells!

https://youtu.be/TdeSh3vLvYI
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2021, 11:02:03 AM »
But the strange letters declaring that Little’s home is not her own still come. They arrive on faux-consular letterhead using the name Lenapehoking of the Al Moroccan Empire at New Jersey State Republic.

Not Wakanda?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2021, 11:09:06 AM »
I wonder how many Feds they have among their membership?
How large does an infiltration by Feds have to be before the organization can claim to be an official government agency?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2021, 11:21:03 AM »

Ok.  Seems reasonable.  We should accept this claim when dealing with them in our homes.  Maritime Law has some rather interesting remedies for piracy.  And since the laws of the US don't apply to them, I'm sure they'll be OK with not involving the US .gov in our little piracy issue.

Agreed, this is a reasonable solution to the problem.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »

Keelhauling?  Walking the plank?  Difficult to do in whitebread suburbia.  Or just chum for the sharks?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 11:56:22 AM »
Keelhauling?  Walking the plank?  Difficult to do in whitebread suburbia.  Or just chum for the sharks?

Hang them from the nearest light pole and leave them there.

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 12:42:51 PM »
^

Hanging works.

If they agree to leave, maybe just a branding and some lashes.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 01:23:35 PM »
I had heard about these "Sovereign Citizen" types before.  From my reading about them, I knew they were increasing in number across the country.  Despite this, I never really expected to come into contact with one.  So, you can imagine my surprise when it happened.  What was absolutely astounding was this guy decided to confront me in person, on my own property.
"So, you are a sovereign citizen?  The papers you just handed me declare that my property now belongs to you.  Is that your claim?"
The sovereign citizen nodded, "Yes, sir.  This property is my ancestral home.  You must vacate the premises immediately so that I can take up residence."
It was hard to stifle a cutting reply after his bold statement, but I succeed with some effort.  I skimmed through the stack of paperwork he had handed me, amazed at the utter absurdity of the various claims it made.  After reading the documents, I wanted to laugh in his stupid face but again managed to control myself.
Trying not to smile I replied, "Interestingly enough, I am a sovereign citizen myself.  Federal, state and local laws do not apply to me, especially on my own property."
The idiot stares at me, not knowing quite how to respond.  Maybe he thinks I am a kindred spirit or something.  I ask him a question.  "Do you think your family will miss you after you disappear without a trace?"
It takes a few seconds for my question to register in his feeble brain.  When it finally dawns on him what is being implied, he turns and runs away, but not without tripping and performing an awesome faceplant in a pile of dog poo.  I'm really not sure why my foot shot out like that.  I pick up my shovel and continue cleaning up after the dogs.

[edited for clarity and sentence construction.]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:35:21 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 01:52:01 PM »
That about covers it.  The equivalent of walking into a bank unarmed and handing a bank teller a note that you are robbing the place.  It only works because the rules are set up to allow it.  In this case, people are generally non-violent and assume the legal system will work.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 02:23:29 PM »
RocketMan, what a great idea.  One sovereign citizen meets another sovereign citizen.......

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 02:51:22 PM »
I had heard about these "Sovereign Citizen" types before.  From my reading about them, I knew they were increasing in number across the country.  Despite this, I never really expected to come into contact with one.  So, you can imagine my surprise when it happened.  What was absolutely astounding was this guy decided to confront me in person, on my own property.
"So, you are a sovereign citizen?  The papers you just handed me declare that my property now belongs to you.  Is that your claim?"
The sovereign citizen nodded, "Yes, sir.  This property is my ancestral home.  You must vacate the premises immediately so that I can take up residence."
It was hard to stifle a cutting reply after his bold statement, but I succeed with some effort.  I skimmed through the stack of paperwork he had handed me, amazed at the utter absurdity of the various claims it made.  After reading the documents, I want to laugh in his stupid face but again managed to control myself.
Trying not to smile I replied, "Interestingly enough, I am a sovereign citizen myself.  Federal, state and local laws do not apply to me, especially on my own property."
The idiot stares at me, not knowing quite how to respond.  Maybe he thinks I am a kindred spirit or something.  I ask him a question.  "Do you think your family will miss you after you disappear without a trace?"
It takes a few seconds for my question to register in his feeble brain.  When it finally dawns on him what is being implied, he turns and runs away, but not without tripping and performing an awesome faceplant in a pile of dog poo.  I'm really not sure why my foot shot out like that.  I pick up my shovel and continue cleaning up after the dogs.

[edited for clarity and sentence construction.]

Send one to my property
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!