Author Topic: MS Flight Sim coming to XBox  (Read 424 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
MS Flight Sim coming to XBox
« on: July 07, 2021, 12:22:22 PM »
Well, looks like I'll be shopping for a Series X soon. MS Flight Sim finally coming to XBox.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/microsoft-flight-simulator

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be platform-compatible with XBox One or older consoles. Can't say I'm surprised given the amount of computer horsepower needed to run the full-fat PC version. My XB One is struggling to keep up with even old standy-by games like World of Tanks after the last few rounds texture, feature, and content upgrades so it's not surprising that Flight Sim's operating criteria are simply too much. Still works perfectly well for all the streaming services but games are quickly outpacing its capabilities. Can't gripe, though. I bought it second-hand and have gotten many hundreds of hours of entertainment from it.

I think it's time to go ahead and upgrade. Helps that XBox Ones still have a few bucks of value in the used market so could sell and offset some of the upgrade cost. (Presuming, of course, that I can even find a Series X. They seem to be a rare commodity these days.)

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: MS Flight Sim coming to XBox
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »
I had to upgrade my video card to run FS2020 on my PC.  I am getting fairly decent frame rates now.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.