Author Topic: So, I got a pod coffee maker...  (Read 978 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
So, I got a pod coffee maker...
« on: July 08, 2021, 02:52:09 PM »
...and it produces fairly decent small cups of covfefe upon demand, using the Aldi or Wally World "columbian" pods.

Okayfine.

So, I stick my big Bah Humbug mug under the thing, and take the "use this attachment to use regular ground coffee" thing, and rather than use the tiny little scoop that came with the gizmo, I just dipped it, and filled it, and started hitting the magical button. Three hits later, and I'll say "passable."
Blog under construction

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
Re: So, I got a pod coffee maker...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 03:13:34 PM »
I think of my pod brewer as “fast food” and my French press as another level of goodness. They both have their places.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
Wifey has a Keurig that's maybe 10 years old and still works good.  Probably 'cuz we buy reverse osmosis water to use in it instead of the local hard tapwater.  It makes good coffee if you buy decent pods for it.  (Aldi's dark roast pods are okay, also some French roast stuff that I get at Sam's Club)  If I'm going to have more than one cup, I get out the drip coffeemaker and make a whole pot.  Usually with Aldi coffee but I'm working on a huge can of Folger's now.  Medium roast is fine; maybe even better than dark roast if you make it strong.

If I use the "breakfast blend" pods that she gets at Costco, I have to add half a teaspoon of instant coffee because they are so weak.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 05:49:37 PM »
Normally, I just do a little styrofoam cup in the morning. Just enough to keep me from murder, not enough to cause mayhem.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 07:42:07 AM »
I got my Mom a Keurig a couple of years before she died. A very simple one. I got her the coffee pods from a local discount outlet store... Oddly enough the coffee pods they carried were EXCELLENT. Mom loved the Kona and one of the other roasts.

Unfortunately, as her dementia progressed, she couldn't even remember how to use the Keurig.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.