Author Topic: The 7 Key Mindset Changes for Shifting from Passive Idleness to Active Readiness  (Read 329 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
The Art of Manliness has some ideas for men who are living soft cushy lives despite the perilous times. Pretty good article for "clickbait". Here are the seven, elaboration at the link.

1. Realize that potential threats are never as obvious you think they’ll be.

2. Preparation need not be paranoia.

3. Preparation in one area can be deployed in other areas.

4. Preparation is war.

5. Busyness is not the opposite of idleness.

6. Keep moving; whatever you don’t use, you lose.

7. Duty over self.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/the-7-key-mindset-changes-for-shifting-from-passive-idleness-to-active-readiness/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
These seem like perilous times in the news, but most people don't see that in their area.  Just like people living in the cities hit by riots never saw any sign of it miles away in another part of town.  I feel bad for the people in those cities where crime is getting worse and the courts are keeping revolving door jails going.

I think even if more serious events kicked off, it would take some time before everyone was seriously affected.  Even the American Revolution was localized in New England for the first couple years.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge