Author Topic: Denver: driver acquitted of attempting to run over rioter/protester  (Read 1303 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
https://www.foxnews.com/us/denver-woman-not-guilty-floyd-protest

I have to say I'm a little surprised.  Wondering how this might impact similar cases.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Denver: driver acquitted of attempting to run over rioter/protester
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 01:00:26 PM »
The feds filing charges in 10,9,8,7............
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »
One of my customers put a train horn in his car, just for situations like that. Well, and for funz.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 03:26:04 PM »
One of my customers put a train horn in his car, just for situations like that. Well, and for funz.

Didn't know those were still available. I used to see those in the old J.C. Whitney catalogs 50 or 60 years ago.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 04:30:40 PM »
Didn't know those were still available. I used to see those in the old J.C. Whitney catalogs 50 or 60 years ago.

J. C. Whitney is now CarParts.com.  They don't appear to have as much cool stuff as the original J. C. Whitney, however.  No joy on train horns.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 07:44:50 PM »
Back in college, a fellow student put aircraft landing lights in his car as high beams. He said it wasn't an easy swap - IIRC things like current draw and voltage(?) were different from the auto systems, so he had to add new wiring, build a special power supply, and put it in the trunk. Still it was awfully bright, and I'd think the dazzle would make most rioters move out of the way, at least at night.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 08:39:06 PM »
You can buy canned boat horns, such as used to be found at sports events. I think they were outlawed there because of potential hearing damage to fellow sports fans.  It is no joke to toot one next to someone's ear.

https://www.amazon.com/canned-air-horn/s?k=canned+air+horn

But you have to ether stick them out the window (inadvisable in the subject situation) OR rig a remote trigger puller from the engine compartment to inside the car.

I got one for emergency signaling.  The effers are effin LOUD!

If I'm remembering correctly, aircraft electrical systems are 400 Hz and 24 volts.  The 400Hz is because transformers and other ironbound things need less iron core (are lighter) for 400 HZ than for 60 Hz, and hum filtering is far less difficult at 400 Hertzes than at 60 of them.

For the landing lights, incandescent ones would work on DC.

Corrections invited.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 09:37:11 PM by 230RN »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 10:16:27 PM »
I've got a couple of the canned air boat horns on my boat. They are very loud.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2021, 10:21:05 PM »
A S.O.G. commando in Vietnam was looking to try interesting tactics in response to ambushes so he spray painted one of those horns black and taped it to his harness. On an insertion his team was ambushed and he tried blowing it. It was so loud and unexpected it stopped the attack and gave his team enough time to get out of the fight and flee.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2021, 10:59:43 PM »
A S.O.G. commando in Vietnam was looking to try interesting tactics in response to ambushes so he spray painted one of those horns black and taped it to his harness. On an insertion his team was ambushed and he tried blowing it. It was so loud and unexpected it stopped the attack and gave his team enough time to get out of the fight and flee.

Haysus Aitch Cripes, don't let President Biden know about this.  It would become another recommended "tactic" (cough, giggle, cough) for home defense, like firing a shotgun in the air.

I suspect the only time most political critters have cleared a room was when they farted.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2021, 12:44:22 AM »
Haysus Aitch Cripes, don't let President Biden know about this.  It would become another recommended "tactic" (cough, giggle, cough) for home defense, like firing a shotgun in the air.

I suspect the only time most political critters have cleared a room was when they farted.

https://youtu.be/Pk8I4gDN82Q
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2021, 02:19:27 AM »
In case I need to get my deaf wife's attention
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2021, 02:36:05 AM »
Heh... Finding them ain't all that hard. I think he used an air source that would have been running airbags on the car. And yeah, one of my customers has a completely slammed Eldo...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2021, 07:42:58 AM »
""The reason I was in front of the car was to make sure everyone was safe and to get this lady to stop from running over protesters,"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sure... sure you did.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2021, 08:36:39 AM »
Glad to see this. Especially since the media - even Fox News - was saying she "ran over" a protestor. If you watch the video, she did no such thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 10:16:20 AM »
Glad to see this. Especially since the media - even Fox News - was saying she "ran over" a protestor. If you watch the video, she did no such thing.

When did that start having to anything with what is being reported?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
J. C. Whitney is now CarParts.com. 

I didn't know that. Thank you.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2021, 02:37:49 PM »
Heh... Finding them ain't all that hard. I think he used an air source that would have been running airbags on the car. And yeah, one of my customers has a completely slammed Eldo...

The "train horns" that J.C. Whitney sold in the 1950s and '60s weren't air horns, they were electric. Amazon has something that might do the job, but the old ones weren't in pairs, and they weren't "snail" horns.

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Waterproof-Double-Speakers-Motorcycle/dp/B08MVXM36F/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=diesel+train+horn&qid=1626028323&sr=8-10

If memory serves correctly (which it may not), they were externally the same as the classic "Aah-ooh-gah" horns:
https://www.amazon.com/Pit-Bull-CHIH312-Classic-Antique/dp/B0039M7NHY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=ah-ooh-gah+horn&qid=1626028555&sr=8-3

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2021, 04:09:09 PM »
Acquitted, but the process is the punishment.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2021, 07:56:14 AM »
Acquitted, but the process is the punishment.

This is true. This person is likely in hock for legal fees and dealing with a lot of other fallout thanks to the MSM.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2021, 11:23:25 AM »
https://hornblasters.com/

Those are air horns. The ones J.C. Whitney used to sell were all electric, they weren't air horns.