Author Topic: Homeland Security and Ghost Guns  (Read 701 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Homeland Security and Ghost Guns
« on: July 09, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »
From the article, even though the DHS spokesman said they "partnered" with the local cops, it sure sounds like they were running things. Perhaps an irrational fear, but it scares me that DHS is taking primary roles in domestic stuff like this. It just goes to show how far they will stretch "terrorist" to net anyone they want.

Also, I guess they make special drill presses now that are only used for "ghost guns".

The suspects here are likely dirtbags (I assume because of the drug stuff found, if the drug stuff wasn't made up by the cops), but the LE methodology is scary, as it can be applied to anyone.

“Ghost guns are a fairly new but extremely dangerous phenomenon,” said Special Agent in Charge for HSI Baltimore James Mancuso on Wednesday, according to WMAR-TV.

“This operation showcases what law enforcement agencies are capable of achieving when we work together. Criminals and those who refuse to obey the laws don’t stand a chance against a unified team of dedicated officers and agents working toward a common goal,” Mancuso said. “HSI will continue to partner with our law enforcement friends to keep our communities safe and bring those who violate that safety to justice.”

Among the items that were obtained by authorities were about 40 jugs of material to make Polymer 80 handguns, which the authorities described as “privately made firearms” or “ghost guns.” They also found a drill press used to make the firearms as well as multiple semi-automatic firearm parts to make the Polymer 80 guns, according to WMAR.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/baltimore-police-bust-ghost-gun-manufacturing-operation_3894311.html

EDIT: I wasn't even aware that DHS had a division called HSI (Homeland Security Investigations).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 03:08:41 PM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Homeland Security and Ghost Guns
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 02:11:27 PM »
The suspects here are likely dirtbags (I assume because of the drug stuff found, if the drug stuff wasn't made up by the cops), but the LE methodology is scary, as it can be applied to anyone.

I'm surprised they didn't find any kiddie pr0n.
Two quickest ways to eliminate a targets support base is to charge them with drug crimes or child p0rn possession.

I have less than zero faith in anything that is done or said by federal "law enforcement".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 02:31:27 PM »

Also, I guess they make special drill presses now that are only used for "ghost guns".

Those would be the extra-deadly assault drill presses. They're in the back room at Harbor Freight Tools. You have to speak to the manager to buy one, so if you don't know about them you're S.O.O.L.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 02:52:41 PM »
Uh... China Fright still sells small milling machines...

https://youtu.be/Lu8VAfHwjGI
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2021, 02:55:41 PM »
Oh, and Microcenter has pallets of 3d printers on the floor... I am considering getting one in a couple of weeks.
Blog under construction

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2021, 03:08:26 PM »
One thing about living in a police state, it's easy to find the police.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2021, 09:32:48 PM »
That's why I called DHS the KGB back at the beginning.  Republicans were all like "Islamic Terrorism is an existential threat to the US, we need this to keep us safe, it'll never be used on Americans. "

Note that Gitmo is still open.....

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2021, 09:36:25 PM »
That's why I called DHS the KGB back at the beginning.  Republicans were all like "Islamic Terrorism is an existential threat to the US, we need this to keep us safe, it'll never be used on Americans. "

Note that Gitmo is still open.....

They would have to make all of Cuba Gitmo
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2021, 09:57:50 PM »
Or they could use Haiti.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 07:03:48 PM »
Oh, and Microcenter has pallets of 3d printers on the floor... I am considering getting one in a couple of weeks.

Which one? Looks like the Ender 3v2 is the one everything is compared to.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?