Author Topic: Chicago will hand out free condoms....to 10 year olds.  (Read 486 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Chicago will hand out free condoms....to 10 year olds.
« on: July 09, 2021, 04:35:45 PM »
Yes 10 year olds.

Elementary schools will receive 250 condoms initially from the Chicago Department of Public Health, while high schools will receive 1,000
The new policy was passed back in December 2020, but wasn't able to be fully implemented until schools reopen fully next month due to the pandemic
One tenet of the policy states: 'Schools that teach grade 5th and up must maintain a condom availability program'
A similar part of the policy makes female menstrual hygiene products available for free as well
There are over 600 schools in the Chicago Public Schools system, most of which have grade levels of fifth or higher. Not everyone is on board with the new policy

'What is happening to this country?' Outrage erupts as Chicago announces it will provide free CONDOMS to all public school children ages 10 and up
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9770391/Chicago-provide-free-CONDOMS-public-school-children-fifth-grade-up.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

Chicago to provide protection to school children 10 and up (in the form of free condoms)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/07/09/chicago-to-provide-protection-to-school-children-10-and-up-in-the-form-of-free-condoms/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Chicago will hand out free condoms....to 10 year olds.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 04:57:13 PM »
Much ado about nothing.

1. Chicago isn't giving condoms to 10 year-olds.  They are giving condoms to schools that have a Grade 5 or higher.  Yes, there can be 10 year-olds in Grade 5, but that does not mean they are giving condoms to 10 year-olds.

B. People are going to have sex.  That always has been and always will be a fact.  One way to prevent unwanted pregnancy is for the male to use a condom.  It also helps prevent STDs.

The horse has left the barn.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 05:15:28 PM »
One tenet of the policy states: 'Schools that teach grade 5th and up must maintain a condom availability program.'
5th graders are typically 10-11 years old

Not saying it's the problem in of itself but to me it another warning sign our society has fallen another notch and our govt instead of fighting it is accommodating it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 06:28:55 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 05:32:55 PM »
Plus, I suspect the schools are going to be handing them out at the request of either the parents or the students instead of giving them to everybody.  I don't know if Illinois law sets an age floor for persons to request birth control without the knowledge or consent of the parents.  Most states now provide for minors to obtain treatment for pregnancy/STDs, substance use or mental health issues without the knowledge or consent of the parents.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.