Author Topic: I'm surprised people aren't screeching about how racist this is...  (Read 611 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
after all, aren't toiletries and cosmetics both reparations AND a human right?

https://nypost.com/2023/04/24/san-francisco-target-puts-entire-inventory-on-lockdown-amid-shoplifting-crisis/

I wonder how long it's going to be before stores in some areas put EVERYTHING behind lock and key.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: I'm surprised people aren't screeching about how racist this is...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 07:11:05 AM »
I think with the prevalence of online ordering for store staff to pick and hold for pickup or delivery you may see a “store” dedicated for such become a common model.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 09:07:11 AM »
Go back to the Service Merchandise model... everything you see is a display model. Put in your ticket and wait by the conveyer for it to be sent down from the warehouse.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 09:23:56 AM »
Related

Gwinnett County police said Jose Antonio Cruz, 31, and Tabitha Katurhia Weaver, 37, traveled to two Publix grocery stores in the Lawrenceville area on Sunday, March 26, to steal allergy medication, according to the Gwinnett County Police Department.

The pair would reportedly enter the stores, dump all the medication they could into two large, plastic gray bins and then leave without paying for the medication or bins.

Security camera footage obtained by FOX 5 Atlanta showed the pair would spend about three minutes in the aisle of the pharmacy area before dashing out.

Officials believe they made off with approximately $4,000 worth of medicine from the first store and $5,000 from the second.

$9,000

Both Weaver and Cruz are facing felony shoplifting charges. If convicted, they could face up to 10 years in jail, according to Georgia law.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that nowadays

Georgia thieves allegedly steal $9K worth of allergy medication from Publix stores
https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-thieves-allegedly-steal-9k-worth-allergy-medication-publix-stores
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 10:40:10 AM »
Gee, I wonder what they were going to do with all of that allergy med...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 10:43:27 AM »

I have no idea.  Everything with pseudoephedrine in it is locked up behind the pharmacy.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 10:45:50 AM »
I have no idea.  Everything with pseudoephedrine in it is locked up behind the pharmacy.

I'm betting the perpetrators are of an IQ range that wouldn't know that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2023, 10:52:42 AM »

Resale to a fence for a single digit percent of retail cost, I imagine.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2023, 02:38:54 PM »
Resale to a fence for a single digit percent of retail cost, I imagine.
And who knows - buy what looks like ordinary OTC meds from a fence, and you may just hit the fentanyl jackpot. Bye bye . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2023, 03:31:49 PM »
And who knows - buy what looks like ordinary OTC meds from a fence, and you may just hit the fentanyl jackpot. Bye bye . . .

I'm not seeing all that much of a down side here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2023, 04:59:17 PM »

"Maybe the people of Harlan County are really, really congested."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2023, 05:58:26 PM »
Go back to the Service Merchandise model... everything you see is a display model. Put in your ticket and wait by the conveyer for it to be sent down from the warehouse.

Yes ... AFTER you paid for it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2023, 06:00:43 PM »

Brad

Fond memories of waiting impatiently at the pickup desk watching the conveyor belt
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes