Author Topic: Rural America Lives With 19th Century Technology  (Read 912 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Rural America Lives With 19th Century Technology
« on: July 10, 2021, 04:12:11 PM »
At least according to Kamala Harris, who thinks we're too backwards to be able to "photocopy our ID". Because nobody has phones with cameras in them or anything. We have to climb into the wagon and get the mule to drive us into town, where we then have to stay overnight because of the long trip.

I guess it was looking bad for them to keep claiming urban black people are too stupid and lazy to get an ID. Much easier and politically safer to pick on the rural white hillabillies.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/07/10/kamala-harris-argues-that-voter-id-is-unfair-because-rural-americans-are-too-far-from-an-office-max-or-kinkos/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Rural America Lives With 19th Century Technology
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 04:15:09 PM »
I would say that she is as dumb as a bag of hammers, but that would be insulting to all the bags of hammers around the country.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 06:03:37 PM »
Of course, if we go back to the fundamental concept that in order to vote you have to appear at a polling place -- IN PERSON -- then your ID is in your pocket and there's no need to photocopy anything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 07:00:44 PM »
I would say that she is as dumb as a bag of hammers, but that would be insulting to all the bags of hammers around the country.

Bags of hammers are profoundly useful.  Her, not so much.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 07:06:08 PM »
The question I have is: Is she really stupid enough to actually believe this bullshit or does she just expect that her constituents are really stupid enough to believe this bullshit?
 :O
 :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2021, 07:16:03 PM »
She is a fing idiot.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2021, 07:46:55 PM »
. . .  does she just expect that her constituents are really stupid enough to believe this bullshit?
Don't overestimate the intellect of a Biden/Harris voter.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2021, 08:19:22 PM »
This IQ normal distribution curve makes it clear why they're called Leftists.

Kind of scientifically explains a lot, doesn't it?  The low-intelligence groups are on the left side.

Terry, 230RN

Pic credit in Properties
Edited for clarification
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 11:37:42 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2021, 12:47:14 AM »
What are these words and pictures that are appearing on this magic box?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2021, 03:26:32 AM »
With my sense of humor, I've been poking around to find the perfect example of how come low-IQ people are "Lefties," and this image satisfied that requirement.  =D

The vertical scale represents the frequency of occurence of IQ scores of that value.

This frequency can be any number, depending on the size of the sample, so is not shown, since the curve's general characteristics are pretty universal for just about any random variable.  The pretty picture^ is also called the "Normal Curve" or Gaussian Curve or Gaussian Distribution after Carl Friedrich Gauss.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 04:02:15 AM by 230RN »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2021, 07:56:52 AM »
The question I have is: Is she really stupid enough to actually believe this bullshit or does she just expect that her constituents are really stupid enough to believe this bullshit?

The many, many social media posts about how Rural Americans/red staters are terrible, backwards inbred morons too stupid to embrace leftist philosophy for their own good shows that they do indeed believe stuff like this.

The attitude of many blue staters who move to states like mine and treat us like *expletive deleted*it shows it in person too.

The attitude of them is that they are “bringing culture” here.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2021, 08:34:16 AM »
Thinking about it more, first off, what is the photocopy thing about anyway? Is there something going on about accepting photocopies of actual IDs?

Secondly, I'm wondering if instead of calling us Luddites, she is again trying to pull a switcharoo on what they have been saying urban black people are incapable of and moving it to rural hillabillies: The ability to travel anywhere. I recall for a long while they were saying urban minorities didn't have transportation to get to places where they could get IDs or vote in person. It seems that is what the "no Kinkos" comment might be. Again, someone out of touch with the fact that many of us in rural areas already travel 30 minutes to the local grocery store. If you live in a rural area, you have a car, even if you're poor.

Also, even my rinkydink town has a library with photocopiers and stuff. Though again, I'm still unclear on the photocopying thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2021, 10:15:19 AM »

Yes and yes
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2021, 10:20:28 AM »
The many, many social media posts about how Rural Americans/red staters are terrible, backwards inbred morons too stupid to embrace leftist philosophy for their own good shows that they do indeed believe stuff like this.

The attitude of many blue staters who move to states like mine and treat us like *expletive deleted*it shows it in person too.

The attitude of them is that they are “bringing culture” here.

"Why were the Independents even fighting us?   Why wouldn't they look to be more civilized?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-alzyvTtVE
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
Thinking about it more, first off, what is the photocopy thing about anyway? Is there something going on about accepting photocopies of actual IDs?

Secondly, I'm wondering if instead of calling us Luddites, she is again trying to pull a switcharoo on what they have been saying urban black people are incapable of and moving it to rural hillabillies: The ability to travel anywhere. I recall for a long while they were saying urban minorities didn't have transportation to get to places where they could get IDs or vote in person. It seems that is what the "no Kinkos" comment might be. Again, someone out of touch with the fact that many of us in rural areas already travel 30 minutes to the local grocery store. If you live in a rural area, you have a car, even if you're poor.

Also, even my rinkydink town has a library with photocopiers and stuff. Though again, I'm still unclear on the photocopying thing.

Read between the lines. "The photocopy thing" is all about mail-in voting. I'm guessing that the Democrats' smokescreen on vote validity is going to be a requirement that mail-in votes be accompanied by a photocopy of your ID. Which, as we all know, is impossible to fake.  :facepalm:

It just means that we have to keep the pressure on to NOT allow mail-in voting. Except for the traditional reasons for absentee ballots that have been in place for decades, the rule has to be that if you want to vote, you go to your polling place ON ELECTION DAY and you cast your vote (singular). If you're too lazy or too preoccupied to go to the polling place, you don't deserve to vote -- and you certainly don't deserve ten votes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 12:11:42 PM »
The slander has been going on for decades. Remember Johnny Carson's country hick "Floyd R. Turbo?"

From Wokipedia:
Turbo dressed in a plaid hunting jacket and hat, and stood nervously in front of a TV camera as he delivered his opinions on gun control, war, women's liberation, and hunting, introducing himself each time as "Floyd R. Turbo, American."

Carson once told Rolling Stone reporter Timothy White, "He's (Turbo) the epitome of the redneck ignoramus. I find the things (characteristics) each week when I go out to do...his gestures at the wrong time, his not knowing where he's supposed to be, his feeble attempts at humor, his talks about things he doesn't quite understand."[1]

Thank you, Mr. Carson.

Terry, 230RN

Pic credit in Properties 

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 12:20:36 PM »
Do  you REALLY want to talk about ignoramouses with a guy who sells car parts in an urban area?
Blog under construction